Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw best value for money

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Question Chainsaw best value for money

I am thinking i have to get my self a good little chainsaw this hand sawing is becoming to much effort.

I dont and dont want to cut down massive trees its mainly pruining frangapenies and taking down the little blackbean succers small stuff nothing over 8 inches in diameter.

What is everyones suggestion as to what size both cc and bar?

What brands are good and what ones to stay far away from?
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Default Re: Chainsaw best value for money

People say one handed chainsaw or {T} tophandle Chainsaw are dangours If you are cutting soft wood no problem but becarefull on the hard wood they like to kick...I have the Husqvarna 344t light and I love the filter in it, its mesh not fabric like stihl so I never have to replace it just blow out with air...That cost me $850 but the stihl 192t looks pritty good less power than the husky but cheaper....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEPApqspjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lhT...eature=related

Its small and compact they kick ass on garden clean ups and there in your truck at all times because it small I have cut some big and thick trees down with my girl...

Husky saws are great go for ever...But if your after cheap Bunnings ozito $135 gets the job done..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Senior Member Wombat Garden Services's Avatar

That second youtube video was funny, it looks like an amish guy playing with a chainsaw to a german heavy metal soundtrack
    I've got a cheap Poulan 34cc chainsaw 16 inch bar, it cost about $200 new on ebay, its ok for a bit of pruning, but you may want a bit more power if you get into chainsaw work, maybe 50cc +, the husqvarnas from ebay in the US are half the price they are in australia, but you wont get any warranty

Yeah i spoke with the husky dealer today i think that might be the way to go and there having heaps of specials at the moment. 48 inch zero turn for 7999 i might try for finance on one of those.

I've had a couple of smaller Husky saws and they always seem to have trouble with the oil pump. I replaced one after about 10 hours work, and it only lasted about that same time again.

After using a friends Echo saw, I know which saw I will be buying next. Awesome machine. You can't beat the Japanese stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    I've had a couple of smaller Husky saws and they always seem to have trouble with the oil pump. I replaced one after about 10 hours work, and it only lasted about that same time again.

After using a friends Echo saw, I know which saw I will be buying next. Awesome machine. You can't beat the Japanese stuff.
    I looked at those echos i thought it was a kids toy at first. Very light machines i wonder if there too light. Not sure if they where proper commercial machines the sales guy said it was but then he doesnt make money with out a sale.

I use a Stihl chainsaw, but have also used Husky's and Echo's. Echo's are a nice light commercial saw good for pruning and cutting small timber but if you want to cut big hardwood then I would recommend a Stihl over a Husky. All my mates who are loggers use Stihls, they have tried Huskys and ended up back at Stihl's.

From reading your post the $135 ozito jobbie from Bunnings will do u fine. You asked 4 value 4 money, from your job description it will be hard to beat. You,ll proly be able to factor the cost into the first job!
    Cheers Dean.

You can pick up a baumr ag arborist saw for under $120 delivered, if you want a cheapie to get started. I know I got one

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    From reading your post the $135 ozito jobbie from Bunnings will do u fine. You asked 4 value 4 money, from your job description it will be hard to beat. You,ll proly be able to factor the cost into the first job!
    Cheers Dean.
    Spot on Adamandeves, I have one of those. Use it no more than 6 times a year. I hardly get calls for that kind of work.

PS, great add in YP..

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Cheers Dean.
    Has anyone had any troubles with one of these ozito considering in a year ive only really wanted a chain saw about 3 times and could have possibly used one another say 6 times but used hand saw instead i think this might be a good option unless some one says other wise.

There ok not very user freindly ,35:1 fuel , auto choke a bit fiddly, chain ajustment fiddly..mine leaks a small amount of chain oil..BUT they get the job done and go well, good power..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Chain Saw Comparison Chart.

This may help guide you with size .

http://www.stihl.us/chainsaws/comparison.html

I like this one around 400 bucks
    Husqvarna 235 Petrol Chainsaw. New model, ideal for jobs like pruning, lighter cutting tasks and hobby work. Easy to start and operate, thanks to built-in Husqvarna features like ergonomic design, facilitating technology and powerful X-TORQ engine with low emissions.

Cylinder Displacement: 34.4cc
    Power: 1.3kW, 1.7hp
    Bar: 14"
    Chain: 3/8 LP (.050)

Spending a reasonable amount of money even if you arnt going to use alot is great value .
    You will be surprised one way or the other once you have purchased a piece of equipment how much more you will end up using it than you originally thought .
    Last edited by administrator; 17-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Chain Saw Comparison Chart.

This may help guide you with size .

http://www.stihl.us/chainsaws/comparison.html

I like this one around 400 bucks
    Husqvarna 235 Petrol Chainsaw. New model, ideal for jobs like pruning, lighter cutting tasks and hobby work. Easy to start and operate, thanks to built-in Husqvarna features like ergonomic design, facilitating technology and powerful X-TORQ engine with low emissions.

Cylinder Displacement: 34.4cc
    Power: 1.3kW, 1.7hp
    Bar: 14"
    Chain: 3/8 LP (.050)

Spending a reasonable amount of money even if you arnt going to use alot is great value .
    You will be surprised one way or the other once you have purchased a piece of equipment how much more you will end up using it than you originally thought .
    The 235 Husqvarna has listed as a home model which made me a little scetical and the differene between the 235 and the 435 is 100 bucks the 435 they list as a landowner small use contractor. I dont know wether or not spending the extra cash is worth it. I have however got sick of buying things two or three times because i buy a cheap one and it doesnt last. Then the other side is how muh cash i have to spend is very limited and going the husky is going to take away all my spare cash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast