Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Time to move on

Hybrid View

Default Time to move on

I've decided it's time for me to move on. The wife has her cafe on the market and with the lack of rain and consequent lack of work I've decided to move on to something else. My business is in the process of being sold as we speak. I advertised it in Gumtree.....and it lasted about 4 hours (must have been too cheap....lol). It's been a lot of fun and had the seasons been a bit kinder I would have been happy to continue.

The current plan (subject to change of course) is to sell both businesses, rent the house, buy a bus and live on the road for a while.....whether it happens or not remains to be seen......but ya gotta have a plan....right?

I'd just like to thank everyone here for all the invaluable input and advice and information.....and of course the banter and laughs. ILMCOA is an invaluable resource and I will point the new owner here....

Default Re: Time to move on

best wishes and good luck with the future Paul, and don't be a stranger

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Sad to hear Paul but good luck and best wishes all the same. Make sure you still check in here from time to time and if you travel up this way at all feel free to park the bus here for a stopover for a while!

Like Paul said, if you get down south.
    You've been a good contributor on this forum for a few years, say Hi from time to time.
    Cheers Fred.

I'm heading back up to Alice Springs for a few months to do some tour guiding to keep the money coming in while Deb sells the cafe. Then she's heading to Italy and Uruquay to see her family who she hasn't seen for six years and basically have a chillout session. Six days a week, 52 weeks of the year for 4 years has been hard on her. When she gets back we'll pack the house out and put it up for rent and make the decision about the bus. It's been on our minds for a while now.

I haven't been very active on the forum for a little while, a few RL things going on and to be honest, there hasn't been much going on work-wise to talk about. I had a little spurt after the rain in November but I'm back to 50% monthly mows currently.....which for the middle of the mowing season is a bit disheartening.

Good Luck mate. Sounds like a good plan I would love to do the same for a while at least..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

All the best mate.

Sounds like a plan....Happy days for you and your wife....
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

All the best mate, if things don't pick up around here soon you won't be the only one pulling the pin.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com