Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Trimmer Assist

Default Trimmer Assist

Trimmer Assist Review
    This is one of those inventions that you say "why didn't I think of that?"
    The Trimmer Assist is basically a shoulder strap with a bungee cord fitted. The strap can be adjusted to fit the user better. The bungee cord comes with a plastic knob which fits inside a t shaped clip on the strap. This allows very quick removal of the trimmer when you want to replace cord fuel etc.
    As a lawn mowing contractor I was skeptical of the Trimmer Assist. Most lawnies don't like straps. This strap is different. One can still move your trimmer anywhere you want. The good part is the Trimmer Assist appears to take the weight of your trimmer. I did 5 hours solid line trimming yesterday and I was noticeably fresher at the end of the day then with out the Trimmer Assist. Using the Trimmer Assist is a big help when doing vertical edges with your line trimmer.
    http://www.trimmerassist.net/ is their website.
    I purchased my Trimmer Assist from their website direct. The really good part was I was charge the same postage to Australia as they charge USA customers. Did not expect that. Postage to Australia was quick as well.
    All in all I think this is a great invention and all lawn mowing contractors should buy one.
    Regards
    hjl

Default Re: Trimmer Assist

I like the idea on how it works.Thanks for the info.

Been using a 'ockey' strap connected to a belt around my neck, but this is more ergonimacal, I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Trimmer Assist Review
    This is one of those inventions that you say "why didn't I think of that?"
    The Trimmer Assist is basically a shoulder strap with a bungee cord fitted. The strap can be adjusted to fit the user better. The bungee cord comes with a plastic knob which fits inside a t shaped clip on the strap. This allows very quick removal of the trimmer when you want to replace cord fuel etc.
    As a lawn mowing contractor I was skeptical of the Trimmer Assist. Most lawnies don't like straps. This strap is different. One can still move your trimmer anywhere you want. The good part is the Trimmer Assist appears to take the weight of your trimmer. I did 5 hours solid line trimming yesterday and I was noticeably fresher at the end of the day then with out the Trimmer Assist. Using the Trimmer Assist is a big help when doing vertical edges with your line trimmer.
    http://www.trimmerassist.net/ is their website.
    I purchased my Trimmer Assist from their website direct. The really good part was I was charge the same postage to Australia as they charge USA customers. Did not expect that. Postage to Australia was quick as well.
    All in all I think this is a great invention and all lawn mowing contractors should buy one.
    Regards
    hjl

The only fault I can find is that in the benefits list they say "actually makes string trimming fun". Oh, and you could put the video clip in "things that make me laugh". Apart from that, I can see how it works and would be great for big jobs on the whippy.

So what's going on at the 44 second mark ???
    Cheers Fred.

Well yeah fred the whole add's a bit corny,would have been smarter showing it running and trimming horizontal and vertical.
    I'll make my own and give it a test

Yeah that "actually makes string trimming fun" is from someone who hasn't done much trimming.
    Only costs $26.45 US so about $30 au. Hard to make a good copy for that.
    Does really help (me anyway) with vertical edging.
    Cheers
    hjl

As i had already owned a adjustable shoulder strap with a hook i just needed the shock cord.
    Ended up at Bunnings and purchased 5mm x 5m cord for $5.

Spent 5 mins adjusting the shock cord and finally had a working unit.
    Got a heap of units to do next week so i'll see what my back and arms feel like at the end of the days job