Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna 525LST Straight shaft Line Trimmer

Default Husqvarna 525LST Straight shaft Line Trimmer

I've had this machine for three months and I can only speak good things of it.

My dad who is 56 and works for me was always complaining about the Stihl FS85 on how heavy it was and the vibration through the shaft.

This thing goes like the clappers, far more fuel efficient than the 85 and rips through grass like you wouldn't believe.

They've also installed a throttle trigger which cannot be broken as it's made of a malleable plastic.

Wouldn't think twice about buying another when I need one.

Hoping long term this machine proves itself.

Default Re: Husqvarna 525LST Straight shaft Line Trimmer

You're looking at 5kg which seems to be about the standard for that CC
    I hope you get a good run out of it

Me too!

The Stihl FS85 is 5.3kg 0.95KW compared with Husqvarna 525LST at 4.7kg and 1KW.

IMO every little bit helps. People think I'm crazy spending money on some accessories, but I figure if I've got an additional work day from using ergonomic equipment rather than rest time it's well worth it.

What whippys are you using?

I'm torn between Husky and Stihl as both of the dealers really look after me!

Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    I've had this machine for three months and I can only speak good things of it.

My dad who is 56 and works for me was always complaining about the Stihl FS85 on how heavy it was and the vibration through the shaft.

This thing goes like the clappers, far more fuel efficient than the 85 and rips through grass like you wouldn't believe.

They've also installed a throttle trigger which cannot be broken as it's made of a malleable plastic.

Wouldn't think twice about buying another when I need one.

Hoping long term this machine proves itself.
    I have the same Husky whippy, they are ace.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

had a husky, was not impressed. had issues starting it, conked out when hot, conked out when cold, conked out idling, conked out revving ...basically didn't run lol hated the damn machine and swore off husky from that day on. each to their own of course and I know mine was most likely a very isolated issue but its mind over matter for me and that killed it for me.
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

I know exactly what you're talking about, I had a husky 333r and it was tough as nails and cut through absolutely everything.
    Got the husky 335r and it was terrible. Definitely a Friday or Monday machine.
    Didn't make sense seeing as they're the exact same motor only difference was anti vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mow And Go View Post
    had a husky, was not impressed. had issues starting it, conked out when hot, conked out when cold, conked out idling, conked out revving ...basically didn't run lol hated the damn machine and swore off husky from that day on. each to their own of course and I know mine was most likely a very isolated issue but its mind over matter for me and that killed it for me.