Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: need solutions for late payment

Default need solutions for late payment

Hello Every One
    I'm Eric, I have done the garden clean up job weeks ago, the customer was happy with my work.
    but he hasn't pay me yet, I chased up many time, and he said he is in over seas and will deposit money into my account asap, but he never did.
    Does anyone know how to deal with this situation, any organisation can help me to get my pay? my number is 0433821627

many thanks

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Default Re: need solutions for late payment

This time of year a lot of clients are away or busy with back to school or work. Unfortunately the gardener is usually forgotten about. I suggest you email your overdue account with a note that failure to pay within 7 days or you will involve debt collection.

How much money are we talking about here ?

I reckon you can kiss this one goodbye, the audacity of people to NOT pay on time or straight away is plain deceitfull and if you have records of the acceptance of quotation and terms you may have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by longtrumpint View Post
    Hello Every One
    I'm Eric, I have done the garden clean up job weeks ago, the customer was happy with my work.
    but he hasn't pay me yet, I chased up many time, and he said he is in over seas and will deposit money into my account asap, but he never did.
    Does anyone know how to deal with this situation, any organisation can help me to get my pay? my number is 0433821627

many thanks

Phone him or go see him directly if he is in the country. If no reply forward debt straight to Prushka for recovery. You will lose a percentage of your money to their fees but some money for you is better than no money for you.

Apply some roundup to everything if he doesn't pay

one letter of demand, pay up by 1 week from today, or goes to debt collector, if no money - Prushka ......

Ring his mobile. If he is overseas and has his international roaming turned on, then HE will pay for the international leg.
    He wont want you calling him all the time.
    Ask him direct - is there a REASON your account hasn't been paid? - confirm there is no problem with your work
    Ask him WHEN he will send payment - don't settle for 'sometime when I get back'

Dont waste time and emotional energy on it - if you dont get en answer you want, send the debt to a debt collector.
    Even half is better than none.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

my 1.5+ yrs regular customer hasnt paid me yet for big job and rubbish removal due to moving out. We did his job in Dec last year.

Every time, I called he got excuses. Only problem I didnt know his new address since he told me he would pay on the day I finished the job. In fact, he didnt show up
    So you think I can send his bill to Debt Collector.

[QUOTE=jal2007;129449]my 1.5+ yrs regular customer hasnt paid me yet for big job and rubbish removal due to moving out. We did his job in Dec last year.

Every time, I called he got excuses. Only problem I didnt know his new address since he told me he would pay on the day I finished the job. In fact, he didnt show up
    So you think I can send his bill to Debt Collector.[/QUOTE

Unless they have a reason for not wanting to have people track them down most people leave a trail to where they live. Do your home work to get his address and then DEMAND the money or then give it to a debt collector. If they are a home owner you will eventually get it.

it seems that he didnt want to pay not only to me since few weeks ago he disconnected his mobile.

Previously, I could find his name on white pages but not now. Seems he chose it as unlisted.

So how you forward to debt collector since no address and no mobile to contact to?? It would be good if I could send this bill to the collector

Was he a home owner? If he sold how long did he live at last place. There is a fair chance a neighbour keeps in contact. Just knock on a couple doors. Does he own a business or is he employed?

Does he have facebook etc> sons and daughters, wife all leave a trail unless they like to be PRIVATE.

Start asking yourself some of these questions and you may give yourself some leads.

I did the very same thing for a PITA just today. It was just block slashing and I did not have all his home details but I have his mobile number and website.
    Mobile number on google leaves some trails but a "who is" domain search got me his address. Now just hope he hasn't moved, but doubt it because his home is 1 klm from the 3/4 acre that I used to slash.

No. he was renting.
    I did his previous rental house in Murrumbeena starting back mid 2012. Then he moved to rental house in Oakleigh (for less than 1 year lived there) until dec 2013. He told me he bought house in Berwick.
    He got wife and 3 young kids.

I didnt ask his new address since I never got problem with payment until the last job. I never know whether he works or self employed ( never ask him)

Thanks John for some hints

I just got his business name. He was dealing in car panels.
    searching on google didnt give much info. Searching ASIC saying not available

totsl amount is $350 plus GST

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast