Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: victa 560

Default victa 560

I am going to buy a victa 560 with a Honda motor, the best price I can one at is $1500, anyone know of a better deal????

Default Re: victa 560

Mark,

In May 2011 l paid $1,380 for the Beast.
    My entire fleet has been purchased from the one shop and I'm loyal to them as they are to me.
    Not sure if prices have go up or down. I kinda of think they haven't moved much at all.

Make sure that when you pick it up its running at least 3400rpm, maybe 3450. I've a wireless digital device that I got USA that one just places near the spark plug area to ensure its always at 3400 or tad more, but I never have it above 3500.
    The Honda can rev to 3600. will post later the blades I run.
    Cheers Garry

Yeah Gaz I thought I would be paying that much, but I spend some big dollars with this dealer and don't think my loyalty to his shop, is making much difference . He said they were going up to $1700. Well big deal they haven't yet.I just thought someone on here might know a shop selling them cheaper. I bought one once from Melbourne and had it sent up , and still saved a few hundred on what I would have payed here.

quick search found this http://www.mightymowers.com.au/victa...wer-p-314.html briggs 850 for $100 less

edit - just really noticed the price you posted NLALM, you need to find another store mate

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    quick search found this http://www.mightymowers.com.au/victa...wer-p-314.html briggs 850 for $100 less
    speak to jim if you go for the one at mighty mowers and tell him you know Ben (mow and go) with the graden, he may be a little nicer ...doubt it but may be worth a crack. I got quoted $1250 odd from my shop off the top of my head. can get a certain figure if you want.
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

So expensive, like to me being a novice this seems like......effing wow!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Yeah Gaz I thought I would be paying that much, but I spend some big dollars with this dealer and don't think my loyalty to his shop, is making much difference . He said they were going up to $1700. Well big deal they haven't yet.I just thought someone on here might know a shop selling them cheaper. I bought one once from Melbourne and had it sent up , and still saved a few hundred on what I would have payed here.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    So expensive, like to me being a novice this seems like......effing wow!!!!
    Mate expensive is when you spend 20 grand on a walker mower, that's when you feel like you have spent a lot

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Mate expensive is when you spend 20 grand on a walker mower, that's when you feel like you have spent a lot
    Or when you spend $15 K on a new ZTR before the driest summer on record. Then you just feel like an idiot.

I know the feeling Ed, just bought a Brand New ZTR back in December, it's only done 23 hours!!!

Mark,

Any progress towards owning the beast.
    I have mine loaded on the trailer for another assault on a large rough block that gets mulched tomorrow. Too many obstacles in the yard for the 42in.
    When I have my Honda powered Masport, Honda Powered Victa Turfmaster and the Honda powered Victa 560 Mulchmaster/Utility on board the trailer like for tomorrow. I think the 560 sits there and lets the rest of the carbon fleet know that he is the Team Captain.
    Cheers Garry

Not yet Gaz , seems like $1500 is the best I can get one for around here. I still have to ring a few shops out of town to suss em out. I have got the money but I am that busy I have not had time to scratch myself. Im in the process of getting rid of some big strata jobs I do that are not viable on my own, plus they are killing me, Im sick of working so hard, bring on winter, I hope its cold wet and offshore