Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rover Procut 50 - self propelling problem

Default Rover Procut 50 - self propelling problem

Well i finally decided on the Procut 50 with a Kohler engine. Easiest mower to start BUT in the 3 weeks i've had it, it has stopped self propelling on 3 occasions. The first 2 times i took it back to my dealer and he 'fixed' it. The 3rd time yesterday it corrected itself. Has anyone else had this problem?

Default Re: Rover Procut 50 - self propelling problem

Mine keeps bottoming out and won`t cut anything lower than hight 4 , there is a bar that runs between the back wheels that hits the ground and stops the mower propelling and putting a strain on all the self propelling components.
    and has so far worn the clutch down needing adjustment and now worn out the pawls and gears in one rear wheel and its just 16 weeks young 2 of which its been sitting awaiting repair...If I can work out away of mowing with out that bar bottoming out than I`ll keep it other wise I think it will end up on gumtree...
    Mine is the 560 ..Does the pro cut 50 have this stupid bar ??
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

I have, but on a 560 with more hours on it though. Pretty sure the 50 SP would be the same setup.

There is a spring between the sp bar on the handles and the cable. If the cable is sticky or worn, this spring will stretch rather than pull the cable to engage the drive.

My belt got wet and was slipping, my fault I stuck the hose in there. Anyway took the plastic cover off the belt and blew it with the blower for about 5 min and it worked fine after that.
    That bar at the bottom is annoying though as it holds grass and drops it as your making your way back to the trailer
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Spray some 'belt grip' on it,(repco etc) never had the problem but its wet grass and the rain and too much sticking the hose somewhere it not s'posed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    My belt got wet and was slipping, my fault I stuck the hose in there. Anyway took the plastic cover off the belt and blew it with the blower for about 5 min and it worked fine after that.
    That bar at the bottom is annoying though as it holds grass and drops it as your making your way back to the trailer

Well I just sold my 2 chondas and now have Rovers. I never thought that would ever happen
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Well I just sold my 2 chondas and now have Rovers. I never thought that would ever happen
    Does that mean you will have to do another equipment video on your website, now that you only run rovers?

I'd assume you replace them with Procut 50s - SP.....?

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Mine keeps bottoming out and won`t cut anything lower than hight 4 , there is a bar that runs between the back wheels that hits the ground and stops the mower propelling and putting a strain on all the self propelling components.
    and has so far worn the clutch down needing adjustment and now worn out the pawls and gears in one rear wheel and its just 16 weeks young 2 of which its been sitting awaiting repair...If I can work out away of mowing with out that bar bottoming out than I`ll keep it other wise I think it will end up on gumtree...
    Mine is the 560 ..Does the pro cut 50 have this stupid bar ??

Hmm, it does have a bar but it hasn't caused any problems when on 3. Most of the time i'm using the 5th setting or higher.

!$##$@

Has happened twice again in the last few days. Each time it has corrected itself during the following job... this is a new mower in dry conditions

Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    !$##$@

Has happened twice again in the last few days. Each time it has corrected itself during the following job... this is a new mower in dry conditions
    What was the cause the first time you dropped it off for repairs

Dean... Mate... You have now officially left the building.....
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

WOW,mine just cuts and does what its supposed to do, no probs except i'm an old fart and I think its too quick. Otherwise no problemo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    What was the cause the first time you dropped it off for repairs

Say goodbye to your weekends and hello maintenance :-)
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Say goodbye to your weekends and hello maintenance :-)
    just don't get where ya coming from lad, ive had mine about 15 months I think it is now, haven't even changed the OIL, changed the drive pawls? once as I heard they wear, squirt of oil on the pawls every few weeks, maintenance completed - oh and a wheel cracked the other week, 2 new wheels $60 - they were getting a bit bald anyway, haha

the mower guy said that's the only weak part of em he's seen, is the wheels, if youre rough loading them in and out of the ute youll go thru a few - he reckons its the guys who don't use ramps, that just hoof em off the back of the ute that break em

treat em mean, keep em keen !!

run it into the ground and eventually just get a new one, sell the old one on dumtree, "lightly used mower" lol

mowers aren't worth "maintenance" these days.

that's old school, haha

and don't forget a rover mows wet grass, long grass, thick grass, and we don't carry a stick in our back pocket to clear the chute, haha

lovin that 196cc 910 engine

hahahonda!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast