Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Equipment Purchase Dilemma

Default Re: Equipment Purchase Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    John,
    Have you considered (or discounted) a John Deere x758 diesel 4wd machine.
    Two ppl I know (one an acreage mowing contractor whi has just retired) each have one and are very happy with their machines.
    They are running mid mount rotary decks, but afaik there is also an outfront flail deck avail.
    Swapover from one deck to another is easy/fast and it has hydraulic takeoff for maybe some useful purpose.

Joe
    Hi Joe, did not really look at it. Probably too small for what I want but I am all ears - open to anything that will do the job at a reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Finally decided to listen to the doc Geoff! If I am still going be doing this type of work in 10 years time it will be with good equipment.
    Not going to beat up the body much more so while business is ok it looks like time to invest for the future.
    Don't really want to spend up to 50k but without private health insurance a hip operation could be close to that anyway
    yeah know where where comming from mate ...fortunately we kept our private insurance my wife had her arm done straight away otherwise would be a two year wait...lucky for me as the washing up was building up not to mention the lawns around my joint were getting a bit long lol....reckon private insurance is like public liability some how you have to find funds to get it done ...bloody world is full of protection pay this pay that ..

Hi Joe, did not really look at it. Probably too small for what I want but I am all ears - open to anything that will do the job at a reasonable price
    Have a look over the JD 1xxx or 2xxx series compact tractors.
    Yanmar diesel motors are rock solid (have one on my JD Gator).
    Turning circle is tight --- have read that the turn radius for a 1xxx series is 2.25feet and that with mid mount mower can hug going round a tree pretty well.
    I thought JD made an outfront flail mower for them, but cannot find a ref, but I did come across 3rd party out front flails which are compatible.
    The machines also have cat 1 3pt linkage, so you can run attachments behind.

Good looking & selecting.

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Have a look over the JD 1xxx or 2xxx series compact tractors.
    Yanmar diesel motors are rock solid (have one on my JD Gator).
    Turning circle is tight --- have read that the turn radius for a 1xxx series is 2.25feet and that with mid mount mower can hug going round a tree pretty well.
    I thought JD made an outfront flail mower for them, but cannot find a ref, but I did come across 3rd party out front flails which are compatible.
    The machines also have cat 1 3pt linkage, so you can run attachments behind.

Good looking & selecting.

Joe.
    Went past Glenmac in Knoxfield just this morning. They had a range of their green machines lined up so will make a time to drop in and find out more

Finally decided to listen to the doc Geoff! If I am still going be doing this type of work in 10 years time it will be with good equipment.
    Not going to beat up the body much more so while business is ok it looks like time to invest for the future.
    Don't really want to spend up to 50k but without private health insurance a hip operation could be close to that anyway
    New hip cost me$28 k I don't have health insurance.

Wow, I thought it was free if you were on the waiting list or something like that??

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Wow, I thought it was free if you were on the waiting list or something like that??
    free if you wanna wait like up to 2 years...

$20,000 to $25,000 for an average hip replacement, plenty of money left over to get a gold plated ride on/slasher.

I think it was the kawa, used the 60 inch side throw. Was good, but we mulch most of our properties. Threw grass all over mulch and tree rings, took a while to clean up. Rough cut was great, ate some 12 foot high tea tree and some tall grass. Mowed a dam wall, that was impressive. We have a positrack with a 4 foot slasher that is used for really rough slashing, it destroys acres of blackberries and turns small tress and branches into mulch.

We have a 1445 john deere for the bigger properties, does the job at 1/3 of the price.

Anyone have experience with Gianni Ferrari? They sound & look expensive!!!

http://gianniferrari.com/turbo1-2-4-...-sweeper-flail

Haven't used one but got a quote from a mower shop that stocks them. Similar in price to the walkers with similar specs. The salesman reckons they outdo the walkers (they sell both). I liked the idea of getting one as it's the only Ferrari I could hope to afford. Didn't really have the lawns to justify it.

i do have Gianni but Gianni Versace tie not Gianni Ferrari

I just bought myself the new bobcat stander 36"
    Well built machine. .needed a good backup and also something to catch as the toro is setup to mulch..the warranty that comes with the bobcat is one of the reasons why i bought it. 5 years or 2000hr warranty and lifetine on the deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

l'm green with envy Greenie now that's a serious warranty

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I just bought myself the new bobcat stander 36"
    Well built machine. .needed a good backup and also something to catch as the toro is setup to mulch..the warranty that comes with the bobcat is one of the reasons why i bought it. 5 years or 2000hr warranty and lifetine on the deck.
    good to see I'm not the only one that mows his lawn and leaves the edges for next month.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast