Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you work public holidays?????

pbm

Default Do you work public holidays?????

Although today was the Queen's Birthday long weekend and as I am off to Tasmania on Thursday so I only have a 3 day week I had to work today. I only saw 2 other lawn mowing contractors out and about. One had not one but two Scags on his trailer, a mid mount Z thingie and a Cougar, the one that looks like a Walker. Just wondering who works public holidays and who takes them off. Maybe you work some and take some off...which ones do you work and which ones you don't

Indyanswer

the only public holiday i dont work is anzac day actually i dont work for two or three days around that day

Easycareacres

yes Ive always mowed on pulbic hollidays except xmas day etc.
    Some times there is no choice but to catch up.

Tonyr

I choose not to, love my days off!
    Lucky so far my schedule allows it, won't last forever though.
    Be different when contracts start kicking in...

Viceroy

Default Public Hols

Yes i worked today but as iam new to the industry (this week) .
    I will have be having these off in the future.
    Xmas and Boxing
    Day
    Anzac Day
    Ta
    Paul

odin

here in america only day i take off is memorial day of our men killed in wars.....emotionally i could not work on this day to many memories flood the mind ...it not because im some kind of super patriot or something ..the day comes up im todally useless like some whineing woman.

Lawnman

yes i work public holidays too hard to try and squeeze coustomers into following days work ends up too hecktic,might aswell b out there earning the $$$$$
    the only public holidays i dont work r the obvious
    xmas
    easter
    anzac
    new years
    cheers aaron

Pres Lawn

I hardly get holidays so a public holiday is a good chance to get away with the family and turn that dam mobile off!

mick

I dont work public hoildays. I like my time off and usually need the extra day to get over the hangover!

Topcat

I love my time off - BUT, if the works there, I take it.

The guy across the road from me called me a "scab" when I started, for working queens birthday weekend, I did so to finish a landscape job -funny thing is he QUIT and got a wages, then fat

A self employed scab, I can live with that and now I wash the car saturday's, while he mows his lawn- he don't talk much now!

mojo111

I'll work if theres work to be done. Can't say no to that$$$$. But I'll take the day of for the kids sake

Topcat

I'm with you Mojo, never put work b/4 the kids, Never - the misses she's cool, and can wait

Barry

Always work public holidays if the work is there so I don’t have to play catch up with a short week.

Hondy

I work most weekends doing my commercial work anyway, less people and cars around. Working public holidays mean more days off during the week to go fishing. I don't work Anzac day as I go down to the RSL for 2up, Christmas day and New years day I go mud crabbing.

Tony

matder

I dont work public holidays or weekends kids are growing up to quick and they are only with you for a short time before they go on there way matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast