Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: software.

allrighty then software.

Hi all
    Just wondering what software everyone is using for there business. Has anyone tried or is using job once . And wat about keep it easy.. they both look good for a lawn mowing business . As my business is growing I would to change from the old fashion way. Thanks guys.
    Jas.
    Lawns covered.

Default Re: software.

went from paper/ink to keep it easy - been good so far, end of fin.year will be the test I suppose as I do my own tax

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

I used Keep it easy all through my VIP years( thought it was their software). Put up using excel for first 2yrs of going indy (hard work) before finding keep it easy again. Love it. Does everything.

Has anyone heard anything from the Keep It Easy people since Selina sold the software? I haven't had an email at all and they no longer seem to post on the forum.

Hey Gardening solutions... what kind of excel spreadsheet did you use over the 2 years?
    im creating one at the moment and would love to know what other people have done with theirs.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I contacted them about removing some fake clients I initially put on the system to trail the software. They were very helpful but no contact since, but I haven't had any problems either.

I use Keep It Easy. Have tried other software, spreadsheets and schedulers. Keep IT Easy works. Paul I had a issue I needed some support on a while ago. They did get back to me but not as quick as Selena did. When I spoke to the bloke he mentioned they were working on an update but didn't give a time frame
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Hey Gardening solutions... what kind of excel spreadsheet did you use over the 2 years?
    im creating one at the moment and would love to know what other people have done with theirs.
    It was something my wife made up. She's good on computers but it got all too difficult for me. Hardest thing was generating each individual invoice. Its ok if you only send out the occasional invoice but when it got to sending a dozen individual invoices at a time it got too time consuming.
    By sheer luck talking to Dean, joining the association and internet research, I found Keep it Easy was what I had been using years ago but known as VIP software.

Keep it Easy is simple to use. Very quick. Easy to enter the days work, generate invoices and email them all with a couple clicks of the mouse. Plus schedules the regular jobs automatically, check who's overdue at a click, know exactly where you stand with receipts and expenses at any moment. Even has the BAS ready to go.

Best $175 I ever spent.

Yes he told me that there will be quotations added. For me that is the only thing missing, I can invoice, I can see how much I have spent and earned, keep track of receipts, Schedule my run, print out reports for my accountant to do my tax, but I cant send a customer a quote..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

You can set up a quotation / price rise letter template in the letters section where you initially set up all your personal details, letter head, address etc. Then you can send a quote from the client details section. I have a client named Casual for these. Just change the name, address etc each quote.

Yes thats what I do but not in KIE. He is going to have fields like is in the invoice section and a Quotation number etc

CashFlow Manager Gold for me, doesn't have schedule features but the trusty old diary still works. I can run both parts to my business thru the one program as separate entities (one gst one non) and all wages, super contributions and auto updates from the ato. Trialled KIE found it a bit clunky and the big killer for me was it wasn't capable of wages etc. CashFlow was built by accountants for accountants they say...Think i'll be sticking with it as my wife does most of the entries and she loves how simple it is.
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Cashflow Manager for me too and EssentialPIM for scheduling. I changed accountants last year and he doesn't use CFM but I don't want to buy and learn to use a new package.
    Sterlo, is there a way to delete invoices or quotations you didn't win? I've got a few that got duplicated when I changed over from manual invoicing. Not a biggie as they don't come up in any reports, but always show as outstanding open(unfinalised) invoices in the customer summary.

Dean thats exactly what I was asking him about. Its the one flaw in KIE. You need to be able to generate a quote with ongoing quote numbers and then if that quote comes to fruition turn it into a job. I have set up a letter in the letters section but I dont like the editing abiltiy there. Might give them a tickle up and see what they are doing about it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

That would be good let us know how you get on Bruce

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast