Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: software.

Default Re: software.

Just got of the phone with Al form KIE. They are working on the invoicing system but its a fair bit of work and quite a bit of money to do. He also said they are putting lot of their resources into the on line version at the moment. Interestingly he mentioned that as from July this year anyone buying the system wont get the lifetime free updates that we do as life members. We will stay as free updates but new ones wont. So if you want the system better get it before July as you will still get the lifetime free updates deal. He also said there are only 32 licenses to Indy members which is not as many as I thought.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Yeah I got sick of double handling everything so I went to KIE to and still use it even now to book appointments and jobs need doing around the house and for friends. Bruce do you still have Gopher if so why don't you use the estimate section of this for quotes. Yes I know its double handling, might be better than using letter in KIE.

Yeah I thought there would have been a lot more. Oh well!!

We have 1458 members and only 32 have KIE, I would have thought it would have been a lot higher than that.

I have tried many systems but i need something like the online version using the iphone and lap top at home.....75% of my customers are all invoiced via email and its so easy to do on site( invoice2go at present ) Quick books does have an online so thats good but it dont schedule so i guess if KIE get the online version up and running it may be the bee knees..there few usa programmes from 40 to 50 bucks a month..but doesnt suit our condtions...gopher is ok for schedulling but again not from the iphone....

I am a bit dubious about going all on line. I like to keep my business close to me. I can see the advantages though. But what worries me is is what happens if the company your using for your online business software goes bust or gets hacked.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I guess thats the world today,like our online banking......and the fact you have to pay monthly fees and they keep jacking up the price and because you have all your info set up you keep paying.......nothing is perfect

I deal with Agserve and the website was suspended on the weekend, rang Monday, sure enough they got hacked, now this is a big company, being a small time operator I'll stick to log books and paperwork, ,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I am a bit dubious about going all on line. I like to keep my business close to me. I can see the advantages though. But what worries me is is what happens if the company your using for your online business software goes bust or gets hacked.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I couldn't even get kie unlocked and had nothing but problems to begin with , trialed cfm after my accountant recommended it but then her business changed over to xero.

I'm loving it and support is awesome. Cant do scheduling with it but there is probably an add on you can get. Never have to worry about backing up either which is great.

I like to do my bookwork at home and keep my day focusing on my work. Thats why I got a 1300 number so Im not stopping every 5 min..
    Thanks Bluey for the info..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I've tried Gopher, KIE, quickbooks Online, pen, paper, crayons, yet to find a good all round invoicing and scheduling program that suits my business. Don't know about you guys but out on the job, things can change on an hourly basis, and often do, so i need to be able to update scheduling and invoicing on the fly, i can connect to KIE with my phone using teamviewer, but it's hard work with clumsy fingers and no reading spectacles on hand, so i'm still looking for a good allrounder

Cadase from speaking to Al who owns KIE the online version might just do the trick for you
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Bruce do you still have Gopher if so why don't you use the estimate section of this for quotes. Yes I know its double handling, might be better than using letter in KIE.
    Yes still have it mate. Thats probably a good idea. May as well get something for the money I paid..lol
    Cheers

Bluey

Big thing guys if you want free updates forever get KIE before July this year
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I've tried Gopher, KIE, quickbooks Online, pen, paper, crayons, yet to find a good all round invoicing and scheduling program that suits my business. Don't know about you guys but out on the job, things can change on an hourly basis, and often do, so i need to be able to update scheduling and invoicing on the fly, i can connect to KIE with my phone using teamviewer, but it's hard work with clumsy fingers and no reading spectacles on hand, so i'm still looking for a good allrounder
    Thats why I like doing my bookwork at night and everything else goes in the work diary during the day.
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast