Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new whippy

Default Re: new whippy

Also to add to this list:

https://shop.barryfrancis.com.au/scr...?idproduct=792

Perfect for tight access and even large area slashing.

Bought one today and absolutely love it!

I'll post some pics shortly of the job when I've finished.

this is the one i used for few years already. It has PTO. As joeymoey said, its very good for slashing

2013-08-26 14.25.01.jpg

This unit is better than the echo bearcat and ariens becuase you can adjust the height of the cord. And the pto is the plus and love it

Continuing the brush-cutter saga I looked at some Shindawa units today and can get a C350 in the price range I have been looking in. The only downside being they weigh in at 7.6 kgs. A good harness is part of the deal which would help I would imagine. Has anyone used one of these. Will only be using it on big jobs because still have smaller Shindawa which has been faultless for all other jobs. Just wondering if biggest is best or am I just over excited - If these guys who I trust totally order the machine in its mine / theirs so better to be sure before ordering..

Quote Originally Posted by head1956 View Post
    Continuing the brush-cutter saga I looked at some Shindawa units today and can get a C350 in the price range I have been looking in. The only downside being they weigh in at 7.6 kgs. A good harness is part of the deal which would help I would imagine. Has anyone used one of these. Will only be using it on big jobs because still have smaller Shindawa which has been faultless for all other jobs. Just wondering if biggest is best or am I just over excited - If these guys who I trust totally order the machine in its mine / theirs so better to be sure before ordering..
    How many hours per month do you think you'd be using this.
    http://www.allpower.com.au/product/s...0-brushcutter/

Keep in mind this can't be used as a back up to the other shiny as a edge trimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by head1956 View Post
    I don't think that the weight will be an issue using a harness. My handlebar Shingu is 8kg and I can swing on it all day, but I get stiff & sore after an hour on a loop handle.
    But in my opinion, if you go with a handle bar type, go 40cc+.

Have a talk to your Briggs & Stratton dealer and ask them about the future of Shingu in Australia. They don't seem to promote them at all, but I think they are a great machine. I've had my 43cc Shingu for over 3 years and it's been faultless.
    If you can get a 43cc at this price, you could get a light Shindy for resi work and still be under your $1k budget.
    http://www.melbournesmowercentre.com...h-bike-handles

Wow some of those prices are cheap. Wonder if they still have the policy where you have to pick up new items in store only. I talked to them once but they wouldn't not freight which I found odd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12