Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: comfortable 3 seater utes

Default comfortable 3 seater utes

Is there such a thing or is going dual cab the only way?

Looked at hilux, BT50 and Mitsubishi, all very cramped 3rd seat.

I am really reluctant to lose the space of the single cab chassis tray but the kids are getting bigger and its getting more and more tempting to splash out on one of the modern, powerful, economical, comfortable turbo diesel dual cabs. They seem to be everywhere now.

Default Re: comfortable 3 seater utes

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post

I am really reluctant to lose the space of the single cab chassis tray but the kids are getting bigger and its getting more and more tempting to splash out on one of the modern, powerful, economical, comfortable turbo diesel dual cabs. They seem to be everywhere now.

And the kids love them also the economy, comfort and room, is why I love the decision I made to get the dual cab Colorado. We are even taking it on our next trip to QLD in Jan instead of the wifes xtrail.

Have you looked at some of the king cabs/xtra cabs that are available.

Nah Brett. I haven't really looked but I think they would grow out of a king cab/xtra cab. I guess their is a good reason yourself and many others are going for the duel cabs.
    It's probably value for money in the end. Looked at a triton 4 door diesel 4wd today around the $31k with tow bar. 5 year warranty. Drive away. It's like a car inside. If it wasn't for the kids I'd stick with the old banger even though fuel economy isn't great but seems the prices are pretty competitive (if we can survive the downturn).

Driven all the newest dual cabs, found the Ford Ranger the bee's nee's of dual cabs but very expensive! How could you go past a triton $28k drive away with 5 year warrenty! Only thing I didn't like with the triton was the turning circle was pretty avg and the turbo lag was noticeable.

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket blow off valve and boost controller to a diesel turbo to adjust wastegate pressure and hold a bit more pressure in the inlet pipe to try and alleviate some turbo spooling lag? You can do this with petrol cars so is it possible with diesels?
    Independent and i know it

Just jokin here but nothing like a good old HR or FB ect Holden, had 'em, no probs at all....3 in the front not much grunt, but we got there.

Over the last 10 years i've had 3 falcon utes, all 3 seaters. The current one is a 2006 BA - very comfortable. I buy the 3 seater to fit my 2 children and i. They're now 16 and 13 and they are beginning to think it is a bit tight. I just explain to them that when i was a boy we would fit 4 or 5 in the back in 35 degree heat...

I updated from the rodeo 4x4 to a new nissan navara dual cab last year. As usual, turbo diesel.
    Verry comfy. It's 2 wheel drive too. Don't need 4x4. I do a fair bit
    Of highway. Driving too.
    It was the best value for dollar at the time
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

image.jpghere it is when I bought it.
    I've put a rear canopy on it since
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

How do you guys go getting loans for new vehicles and higher price ZTRs? I'm having a lot of trouble even just getting a meeting with a loans officer. No-one wants to give me a loan because my income is just not that high but I know I could make the repayments work.

Thats weird.
    i just walked into my local bank and requested a meeting for a business loan / lease?
    a week later, i was signing up a business lease type loan.
    just had to prove my income basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    How do you guys go getting loans for new vehicles and higher price ZTRs? I'm having a lot of trouble even just getting a meeting with a loans officer. No-one wants to give me a loan because my income is just not that high but I know I could make the repayments work.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Don't know if this is of any interest to you Paul, but Toro are doing 36 month interest free finance on there ride on's at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SM MOWING View Post
    Driven all the newest dual cabs, found the Ford Ranger the bee's nee's of dual cabs but very expensive! How could you go past a triton $28k drive away with 5 year warrenty! Only thing I didn't like with the triton was the turning circle was pretty avg and the turbo lag was noticeable.

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket blow off valve and boost controller to a diesel turbo to adjust wastegate pressure and hold a bit more pressure in the inlet pipe to try and alleviate some turbo spooling lag? You can do this with petrol cars so is it possible with diesels?
    Interesting, i haven't test driven one yet but will keep it in mind when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Just jokin here but nothing like a good old HR or FB ect Holden, had 'em, no probs at all....3 in the front not much grunt, but we got there.
    Had an old HT with bench seat in front. That was the most comfortable seat, it had springs in it that really gave good support and there was something about the ride height that just made you feel good. But the best bit was having the high, low beam switch as a button on the floor. Now that was cool.

Hey Immow, how do you go with the canopy? I see the canopy as being a big hassle for me because i don't have a toolbox on the trailers, I tend to carry all power tools, hand tools, bags, fuel, sprayers etc on the tray and have a toolbox bolted to the ute tray. I don't like the thought of getting in through the back all the time. How does it work for you?

Hi Stevo.
    My canopy has the side windows that lift upwards with hydraulic shocks.
    i have all my sprayers etc next to the side windows.
    i just reach in from the side. just as easy as the tray top.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Hey Immow, how do you go with the canopy? I see the canopy as being a big hassle for me because i don't have a toolbox on the trailers, I tend to carry all power tools, hand tools, bags, fuel, sprayers etc on the tray and have a toolbox bolted to the ute tray. I don't like the thought of getting in through the back all the time. How does it work for you?

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast