Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 'New career path in the mowing industry'

Default 'New career path in the mowing industry'

After 4 years operating my own lawn mowing and business, I am proud to announce that I have obtained an Adult Apprenticeship as a 'Small engine Mechanic' @ http://www.nowa.com.au/.

So please feel free to ask any questions relating to services and repairs of Outdoor Power Equipment, or advice on new machines.This will help me accelerate my knowledge in my new job, and more importantly I can put
    back some of the great advice I have picked up on this forum since I started my own mowing business.

Cheers Evan.

Default Re: 'New career path in the mowing industry'

WOW...what a career change.I think you'll enjoy it..

Ive been doing it for almost a month now and absolutely love it! I had been doing all the servicing on my own equipment no worries so thought I knew a fair bit, I was surprised how much I didn't know!

My dad has spent near 40yrs in the small engine industry. From managing MSAA in Beenleigh about 30ys ago, to becoming a sales rep for Roy Gripske & Sons and then becoming North QLD sales manager for RG&S and NQ Shindaiwa Rep. He then moved on to start his own business in NT and becoming very successful over there before fully retiring.

It is a rewarding industry, and its good that I can call my dad anytime and ask his advice on almost any machine and get perfect answers everytime. His memory is amazing for how things work.

Good Luck with the Apprenticeship
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl