Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dad's Daughter Flying to London/Scottland,

Default Re: Dad's Daughter Flying to London/Scottland,

Good stuff! Do you have room for another one?

6 Months Later,
    Same daughter still 21 but 22 in May living at home and out of nowhere starts talking to me re future plan in life last night (Friday).

Leaving for Europe again late June Dad, first week in July she has set up be a Au Pair (nanny) with a couple who work in Hospitals in Spain - duration 2mths as a nanny. She applied for this role in 6 countries in Europe.
    Then will holiday in Greece, Croatia, Italy, Scotland and England again. My wife was born in Bristol so my daughter is also obtaining a British Passport to assist with travels along with the Aussie passport.
    I stand there in the kitchen thinking F*rk.

Then it continues, immediately upon her return from Europe she has a Undergraduate Level 2 course sorted for RMIT Melbourne. If she feels happy and content and can manage the undergraduate experience. She has her sights on a Bachelor of Health Science in Nutritional Medicine. Has got house sharing away from home sorted and researched or a family option in Brisbane to live with.
    By this time I'm too scared to open a stubby encase I spill it. She knows I did Chemistry and Physics at RMIT and it was friggin hard asssss. I passed Physics and failed Chemistry. Told her its no walk in park doing those subjects within the Uni package I've read in the package given to me to read.

She then gives me her Au Pair World Application Profile to read that was submitted to families in Croatia, Greece, Italy, Norway, Spain and Sweden. She has already been accepted by a family as mentioned and accepted their offer and had several Skye video calls. (Noticed bedroom door closed more than normal of late)

Not even my wife knew about it as she almost fell over too upon hearing it as she got home from late night shopping on Friday. Although we knew she had itchy feet to get back to Europe or Canada one day soon whilst young. Plus we know she is the world"s best saver and works any hours night and day 24/7 whilst other young people would be out partying.

Still kinda don't like her travelling solo, but she will be wiser this time. Also she had mentioned three months ago she wanted to go to India. We had a major - no absolute Massive argument on that front and I said, you go there girl and I want the large sum of $$'s I gave you back now - full stop, end of story.

Hope things work out well, she certainly has guts and determination.
    Cheers Garry

My wife and I had 2 wks holidays booked in mid July with the Jayco heading around Nambucca Heads area.
    Gona have to push that forward to early June now due to our Golden Retriever at home and be there for her last week at home and the send of.

Been thinking too if she met prince charming over there and wanted to stay.
    Cheers Garry

Re loading this 2yr old year thread, That travel bug in Gen Y peoples can be quite strong.

This single daughter of mine again who still lives at home.
    Hey dad at 11.00pm last night, both Medical Centres (work)have given me two weeks off work across Christmas/New Year, I gona do something instead of sitting home.
    Yer I think, Camping at Corryong or the like.
    Nah just booked a Virgin Flight to Hong Kong for 10 Days. Love what I saw some much when we landed there on the way from London 2 yr ago.

Time I put up her minuscule board to make life tougher to reflect the real word and not what happens in some Shrek Movie
    Cheers Garry

Maybe safer to pop on down to that beach and get bashed by those whatever dudes, Honkers is great, mate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234