Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dad's Daughter Flying to London/Scottland,

Default Re: Dad's Daughter Flying to London/Scottland,

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate hope she enjoys the rest of the adventure and meets a prince charming lol and tigers sheeze..what a thrashing poor bastards,,
    Thanks,
    Emirates tonight have responded with a hope all Ok now that she has her luggage. We responded back that the full contents of baggage are ruined and hard items smashed as previously mentioned and lothing unwearable. The bag has had vehicle run over it and rooted it. Even her preprint prepaid travel stuff has been soiled within. Thanks Mr Emirates if I mention their name another time maybe my posts will surface when you search their name. Nah it doesn't.
    But there are lots of angry customers the same stories and damaged luggage. People are even reporting on social media that 4 or 5 days latter when luggage has located, their luggage has been looted of valuables.
    Dont' Fly Emirates, google them read facebook, flying forums, travel forums. They have no customer service channels to assist when in need or care factor at ground level operation and zero people accountable to help my daughter or the bucket loads of people in distress. I'm not bagging out the actual air craft flying people.

Some people in the hostel have noticed her distress and unhappy state and are trying to assist which is great. But she wants to move on to Scotland after she visits Brighton in London to get on with the next stage.
    Cheers Garry

About luggage, whew here goes but i'll keep it short as possible, my missus returned from France mid sept last year flying emirates, she was missing 1 medium size bag, only had shoes and some basic stuff etc, she thought her son left it at the airport in Sydney, ..........june 2014 we get an overseas call from emirates....they found her bag, been round the world many times and they ended up sending to Sydney, nothing missing and all intact, go figure that one out. (she could have claimed insurance but just let it go as 'one of those things')

Well FM,

Been up since 4.00am since info filtered through from daughter in London who is flustered and not thinking out things straight.

$7,000 in 16 smaller transactions has been skimmed out of her travel card after using an ATM outside or near the Harry Potter Studio's in London. She is carrying almost no actual cash and card has been blocked.
    Thankfully I was able to know enough details to navigate through the emergency call auto process to a Nab Travel Card operator and stop her from hanging up on me due to not being the card holder and arrange for help. But due to late night there, can't do any paper work till day time tomorrow.
    If she can't get some cash relief from travel card, I'll have to send money off course.
    Before she left, I said carry enough cash to get through day to day activities and only use the Travel Card at open banks or places like their major stores like we have as coles, kmart, target, etc, but the London similars. There you have the security of your card not being taken by a machine, security of a store environment and less to zero chance of card skimming. That advice was not taken on board and was using her card for almost every minor transaction at almost any ATM.

How does one go out mowing as with rain 20deg temp's the lawns are going spacko and you are mowing lawns with a zombie brain due lack of sleep and constant night time communication to London.
    Hope there's a section in Dean's Safety Manual to read re " How to mow lawns, tidy gardens safely when your 21 yr old daughter is overseas".
    She is out at 10.00pm at night trying to find a Police Station open to assist her with it and help with a PC to scan and email the required paperwork. I go off saying No, No do it in the day light hours first thing in the morning when it safer. Go to any local bank and they will help you in morning.
    Cheers Garry

Jesus mate she is having a bad trot. I would just fly home
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Jesus mate she is having a bad trot. I would just fly home
    Me and my other daughter in our locality have taken over it all at the moment and doing the claims dispute and going through her accounts and screening dumping it all for submission to nab travel section. This taking the pressure of the travelling daughter, spent the morning at the local nab branch to get her up and running soon and clear info on the secondary card use.

Man I'm so far behind in serving my own customers it's not good as I'm still working on her stuff.

Just glad we organised the money travel card through our normal bank and not Joe Blows Smart Travels Cards. As good old dad can run down to the local nab branch and get face to face accurate urgent help from the local branch whom one is comfortable with. Plus the nab staff know you. Whilst my other local daughter can excess the accounts to assist with claims and monitoring of and top up here accounts as claims do not reimburse money for at least 4 weeks.

Will this day getting any better, may a coldie or 3 tonight will help. lol
    Cheers Garry

Hey RSM-Gazza, how's those beers going - mine are going real good. I hope your daughter brings you home something very special for all the back-up that you have provided over the last week!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    Hey RSM-Gazza, how's those beers going - mine are going real good. I hope your daughter brings you home something very special for all the back-up that you have provided over the last week!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Only two beers as another issue has developed this evening our time, wake up time in London that may cause her to come. She is Ok, but I'm totally frustrated at the Stupidity at moment and have a frustration head ache beyond what 1000 pandadols could fix.
    Cheers Garry

I personally wouldnt be travelling overseas right now
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I personally wouldnt be travelling overseas right now
    One of my clients is a Military Captain and was asking about me daughters travels late today as I was still working late catching up, well trying too.
    She's in Dublin now heading to Killarney soon.
    Mentioned about her having an ironed on Aussie flag on her backpack. He told me to tell her to remove it immediately and too not mention that she is an Aussie in her travels now. Especially when she visits a certain country across from the English channel. Will not mention the country, he reckons if she doesn't talk up aussie things and discuss things related to Au they will have trouble pin pointing her nationality which is good. Military bases in au have gone to high safe base Charlie level and that has been publicised so it can be mentioned.
    Wrote up a big text to me daughter, but was lucky to talk in person a few hours ago and explain. Can't wait till she comes home mid October as the worlds issues escalate and au's involvement deepens.
    Cheers Garry

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Bloody hell Gaz sounds like an awesome holiday.................................for someone who loves trouble. Mate I hope you have a holiday yourself once your daughter arrives home safefly. Somewhere safe like the Whitsundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Bloody hell Gaz sounds like an awesome holiday.................................for someone who loves trouble. Mate I hope you have a holiday yourself once your daughter arrives home safefly. Somewhere safe like the Whitsundays.
    Thanks Glenn,
    She has just arrived in Kilarney just now, for a couple of days then back to Dublin to connect with a flight over to Zurich, then back up through several more countries. Before returning to London for the flight home.
    She confirmed her Aussie tags and patch had been removed.
    Re a holiday for mum & dad, Our new Jayco tandem motel will be delivered just prior to xmas, so that will help us relax over a coldie or several whilst seated on a deck chair.
    Cheers Garry

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Thanks Glenn,
    She has just arrived in Kilarney just now, for a couple of days then back to Dublin to connect with a flight over to Zurich, then back up through several more countries. Before returning to London for the flight home.
    She confirmed her Aussie tags and patch had been removed.
    Re a holiday for mum & dad, Our new Jayco tandem motel will be delivered just prior to xmas, so that will help us relax over a coldie or several whilst seated on a deck chair.
    Dont suppose you would like a mexican stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Dont suppose you would like a mexican stowaway
    Yep can't wait for the Jayco, Hope it's hot, then hot some more and no rain mid January after the main lot of holiday makers are gone. No grass to mow equals sometime off in the air-conditioned van and resort style pools or rivers.
    Nahh, I didn't say that did I, I mean lots of rain/late arvo storm clouds and lots of humidity with mega grass growth, that's better !!!

Re the Traveling Daughter, She's in Zurich, Switzerland at the moment (very expensive place) has been there for a few days and will be heading to Paris soon. All good so far (touch wood), but the dispute claim on the stolen $6,800 from her first few days in London has been knocked back.
    Cheers Garry

Yey Yippe, 7.40pm Melb time and my youngest has pasted flying over Mumbai India Emirates Boeing 777-300ER to Singapore and on to Tulla for 8.50 am Friday arrival.
    Cheers Garry

All over now with daughter safely back 'in the roost' and dad having lost a bit more hair

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast