Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Lowballers

Default Re: Lowballers

Not sure on how you guys see things as customers would re lowballing prices,if that's what you want to call it.

Lets take an example of 2 restaurants on the same street and a customers view point

Both restaurants have similar food offered and both are seen as clean well staffed and well lit at night.
    Getting into one restaurant in most cases needs no booking while the is booked out a few days in advance.

The one that's booked out offers a little more food on the plate and sells it 25% less and no loss in quality or taste.
    Customers say both have good quality fresh food but the one restaurant has a huge line of customers waiting for service.

Where would you like to see yourself in either one of these restaurants,the one a bit cheaper and totally booked out or the other one wondering on how the other restaurant's coping with that long line up

The one thats busy has much fresher food lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I would go for the one without the big line waiting to get in like sheep
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

maybe the title should be people that undervalue their service

Id just hit macas. I mow lawns for a living, cant afford to eat out

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Id just hit macas. I mow lawns for a living, cant afford to eat out

Eating out is beginning to be cheaper than maccas lately

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    Eating out is beginning to be cheaper than maccas lately
    aint that the truth, my pie shop has put the price of a cheese n bacon pie up to $4.50. What the mower man maketh the pie man taketh

Incase some didn't catch on i'll be the one who has the prices reasonably fair and low to encourage as many customers as possible.I quote jobs to win them but it has to be within reason as i don't want to regret being too cheap.

I'd won some jobs over the last few weeks where they said "that's cheap" .
    I replied "that's what i want to do the job" and i'm happy at that price.

One never gets rich lawn mowing you only need that regular round that makes a income and that's all they are.

It can be a debatable discussion greed v low ball i'll sit somewhere in the middle and try to build a sizable round to survive.But not get stupid about it.

I do like greed though thats a pretty good option ....said before charge to the upper limit that the local market will take.....

Jim got pretty rich

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

But do you really want to be the one with the queue out the door.

Just a little maths.

Say you do 40 lawns per week at say $50.00, 52 weeks a year. Yes we dont work 52 weeks, and I know I dont do 40 a week, but I have read on here that is an average., The quick maths makes that $104,000 per year. Figures are examples but the kicker is below.

Now the lowballer with the queue out the back of his mower, charges $40.00 per mow, over 52 weeks, but has to do 50 mows a week.

Sorry but I would rather be the restaurant without the queue, but making the same overall income, with less stress on the body.

I don't aim to win every quote, I aim to win only jobs that I want, on my terms, at my price. Sure you can undersell yourself and win all the jobs, but in the end you will loose

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    But do you really want to be the one with the queue out the door.

Just a little maths.

Say you do 40 lawns per week at say $50.00, 52 weeks a year. Yes we dont work 52 weeks, and I know I dont do 40 a week, but I have read on here that is an average., The quick maths makes that $104,000 per year. Figures are examples but the kicker is below.

Now the lowballer with the queue out the back of his mower, charges $40.00 per mow, over 52 weeks, but has to do 50 mows a week.

Sorry but I would rather be the restaurant without the queue, but making the same overall income, with less stress on the body.

I don't aim to win every quote, I aim to win only jobs that I want, on my terms, at my price. Sure you can undersell yourself and win all the jobs, but in the end you will loose
    Well said mate. Two things should determine your prices. 1. What customers are willing to pay in your area. 2. How many jobs you are willing to do in a day.

Do you really want to have so many clients that not only you can't handle the work, you also get a reputation of being unreliable?

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Incase some didn't catch on i'll be the one who has the prices reasonably fair and low to encourage as many customers as possible.I quote jobs to win them but it has to be within reason as i don't want to regret being too cheap.

I'd won some jobs over the last few weeks where they said "that's cheap" .
    I replied "that's what i want to do the job" and i'm happy at that price.

One never gets rich lawn mowing you only need that regular round that makes a income and that's all they are.

It can be a debatable discussion greed v low ball i'll sit somewhere in the middle and try to build a sizable round to survive.But not get stupid about it.
    You can think of any industry you like, it can be the worst job on earth and someone will have made a fortune out of it. Yes you can get rich mowing lawns if that is what you want and are willing to do what it takes...

For a start you'd only take on what you can handle,the other thing is what type of area is one servicing which will determine what's the going price in the area plus how much competitions in the area chasing the same jobs.

I know a guy who has many customers but some of the prices he charges is half to what i'd do it for,but that's his choice.Do i see him as a threat to me = nope

What it comes down to is what you think it's worth and not worry what someone else should be or not charging,as for standard size lawns i'm working still on a $1.00 per minute and the clippings go in there green bin or extra charge to remove it.

Get too expensive and you don't get the jobs,be too cheap and miss out on the extra dollars.You are always going to get a turnover of customers over the years.

Now as for lowballers as you call them..why is so hard for people not understanding why they do that surprises me

Now as for lowballers as you call them..why is so hard for people not understanding why they do that surprises me

People that are lowballers dont focus on what they consider as an after expense profit they focus more on getting the work through cheap ridiculous rates without giving any logical thought on their price structure. You see them pop up in summer then gone in winter. People that focus on an after expense profit are not lowballers

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast