Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Lowballers

Default Re: Lowballers

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    it is what it is......low ballers, jims ,first timers etc etc..personally i only worry about me and not really bothered what others are doing except i like to spread the word to my competitors about charging good rates so we all benefit...starting out is so hard and to achieve customers and confidence takes a lot of work. Looking back i started with no customers but an old timer told me to charge a fair price not too dear and not too cheap..whatever price you charge ( and should be worthwhile ) do the job to the highest standard you can do...even if you have to double cut or go over the whipper snipping do you very best...the word will then get around on how good of job you do....get a edger instead of whipper snipping ,how that makes a difference to the people watching....i believe edges are the most impressive thing that customers love...
    this ^^

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    The Average price for Gardening in Adelaide is $180 an hour plus greenwaste
    Like to know how they base their figures on that one mate. One hr gardening plus greenwaste. The mind boggles. Too many factors to set an average I am afraid. Especially when you consider the time taken to get to the dump and the the dump prices I reckon they think we are working at $30 per hrs. Where did this bull**** come from
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Ok then i'll ask this question

"What's a fair price for a 30min job in total for edge,cut and blow"

Lets really see what a fair price is or is it a lowball price or is it up there going for glory...

We all now await the price replies,that's if your game enough to answer
    Depends on what I'm doing hate handweeding so it cost more!
    But like the others said not putting price up in public forum, I might sympathise with people starting up but I'm not going to give away my jobs.

$45. But 30 mins seems like sfa, set up, walk and look about, do job more the 30 mins but yeah $45,

Lets really see what a fair price is or is it a lowball price or is it up there going for glory...

it is what it is......low ballers, jims ,first timers etc etc..personally i only worry about me and not really bothered what others are doing except i like to spread the word to my competitors about charging good rates so we all benefit...starting out is so hard and to achieve customers and confidence takes a lot of work. Looking back i started with no customers but an old timer told me to charge a fair price not too dear and not too cheap..whatever price you charge ( and should be worthwhile ) do the job to the highest standard you can do...even if you have to double cut or go over the whipper snipping do you very best...the word will then get around on how good of job you do....get a edger instead of whipper snipping ,how that makes a difference to the people watching....i believe edges are the most impressive thing that customers love...
    With you 110% on that one, but I still have to get an edger. Steady hands & cutting vertical for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Like to know how they base their figures on that one mate. One hr gardening plus greenwaste. The mind boggles. Too many factors to set an average I am afraid. Especially when you consider the time taken to get to the dump and the the dump prices I reckon they think we are working at $30 per hrs. Where did this bull**** come from
    You're right Bluey, it is bulll****, but if everyone's publishing their prices online, might as well give the google bots some bread crumbs. IT'S NOT A CLOSED FORUM GUYS...............

well we sure not gunna display the prices in the open forum, are we ????
    I'm doing OK at $20 an hour + GST

Suppose you could measure the length of a blade and charge $5 per inch. : 5 inches=$25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    I'm doing OK at $20 an hour + GST

I say there are 2 answers to that.
    1. If you are winning above 80% of your quotes you are probably a bit cheap for the average rate in your area and if you are winning below 80% then you are probably a bit expensive for the average rate in your area. Every area is different
    (The 80/20 rule) then break it down into an hourly rate.
    2. After business expenses if you are not making enough profit to survive all year round then you are probably to cheap for your area and need to raise what your rate accordingly, then break it down into an hourly rate.

If people say what their rates are that may not apply to your area so its best to do your own research in your area.
    Cheers
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Suppose you could measure the length of a blade and charge $5 per inch. : 5 inches=$25.
    That formula would work well in another industry I can think of
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I'm saying how useless having this conversation about lowballers when a 30 min job can't have a price put up,comparing it to a acceptable rate as there's no guide to prices.

Quite simple really! It's a price the contractor is happy working for and the client is happy paying

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Make enough to cover the costs of your business and the bills at home ,, but local rates are not always the most important thing . Covering the life style you are used to living is the important thing. You could be getting the highest rates possible but it doesn't mean a thing if your lifestyle is out of control.

The best way to explain the lowballer experience complaints

A guy has undercut you and got the job because he needed the work and your not happy about it,so go and have a cry about it.
    Because such is life when your running a business it's every man for himself when there are thousands competing for the same work

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    this ^^

That is flirting dangerously close to anti competitive behavior....................

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast