Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software

Default Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software

It's that time of year again when we are looking to start a new marketing campaign to bring in large amounts of clientele and it's become evident that our current CRM software just isn't cutting it.

So I put the question to you, what CRM software are you using, why do you like it and any likes or dislikes ?

We are currently using excel spreadsheets and basic MYOB client management functions but they just don't cut it anymore.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Brodie

Default Re: Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software

Great forum thread Brodie, I’m keen to hear what everyone uses and also what is on their wish list for CRM software. It’s something I’ve been involved in for 20 years – design, develop, sell, support and evaluate for use.

Our app Biz.Transact is purpose built for payment processing on the go - transact by credit card or record cash & bank deposits, issue invoices/receipts and submit quotes … it does record customer details but I wouldn’t use it as a CRM system.

What our customers do is use Biz.Transact alongside other system(s). The reason I say 'system(s)' is they combine a few to get close to what they are after – the feedback we hear is that there is not one system on the market that does ‘everything’ well (full featured, easy to implement, easy to use - time is money, within budget, ...). ‘Everything’ needs to be defined as businesses have different needs.

You mentioned that your current systems don’t cut it anymore. For your immediate need is the marketing campaign online (Website SEO, social media, email, ...)? and does it also include print media, letter box flyers and referral services?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    It's that time of year again when we are looking to start a new marketing campaign to bring in large amounts of clientele and it's become evident that our current CRM software just isn't cutting it.

So I put the question to you, what CRM software are you using, why do you like it and any likes or dislikes ?

We are currently using excel spreadsheets and basic MYOB client management functions but they just don't cut it anymore.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Brodie

I use Keep It Easy. It lives up to its name. I have tried the much more (continually) expensive accounting programs and other types of schedulers. KIE works for me. I dont need an in field ability to issue invoices etc. I either take cash or invoice the job. I do my invoices as soon as I get home. I prefer to have my field work separate from book work. KIE provides a reasonably good scheduler and does all I really need for accounting. It could do with a few tweaks but all in all it is a pretty good system and the best I have found to cover both accounting and scheduling.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Thanks Tim,

Honestly we don't know what we want as far as features from the system we just need to be able to track our interactions with clients. Track sales, how marketing is working, track trends, and keep us in our clients minds.

Some systems we see allow us to do auto email campaigners, remind us to follow up on proposals and track our interactions with clients. But all just seem difficult to me at least because I don't fully understand all the features and benefits.

Tracking client interactions is a big need for us as field techs talk to clients about jobs that need doing and don't tell sales and accounts and vice versa.

Our new marketing campaign is a big one. We are launching a new website, doing a few types of print media in different locations, new social media Facebook and Twitter, referrals, "trade shows/spring fairs, door to door commercial/strata/ real estates.

It's our biggest campaign to date but we have a good team now and they need to keep busy

Thanks Tim,

Honestly we don't know what we want as far as features from the system we just need to be able to track our interactions with clients. Track sales, how marketing is working, track trends, and keep us in our clients minds.

Some systems we see allow us to do auto email campaigners, remind us to follow up on proposals and track our interactions with clients. But all just seem difficult to me at least because I don't fully understand all the features and benefits.

Tracking client interactions is a big need for us as field techs talk to clients about jobs that need doing and don't tell sales and accounts and vice versa.

Our new marketing campaign is a big one. We are launching a new website, doing a few types of print media in different locations, new social media Facebook and Twitter, referrals, "trade shows/spring fairs, door to door commercial/strata/ real estates.

It's our biggest campaign to date but we have a good team now and they need to keep busy
    Probably the best and most comprehensive program I have looked at is Service Auto Pilot. Trouble is that it is American and not coupled with Australian tax system atm.They are looking at rolling it out here at some stage. Manages all areas of the business including crews, clients and marketing, plus financials and payrolls.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

I agree Brodie, tracking client interactions is one of the core components to growing the business. I hear what you’re saying, without the right system the process breaks down and opportunities are missed.

The new marketing campaign sounds terrific, looks like it will cover all bases and should get a great result.

You’re right about the features and benefits outlined on Websites it can make it difficult to choose a system. From my own evaluation and discussions with our customers there are lots of systems on the market for tracking interactions, data analysis and maintaining brand awareness – e.g. Insightly, Zoho, Salesforce, Highrise … and there are other systems that have additional features to handle other aspects of your business such as the ones Bluey and Stump have mentioned in your thread.

I currently use Insightly with a few integrations, I don’t know how your field techs are set up (smart phones?) but this might be worth a look for your needs.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

Thanks bluey and stump I will be looking into both of those products in the next few days along with your list Tim.

Currently we are running the following, all are live in the cloud,

Geo op - job scheduling

Xero - accounting

IAuditor - safety management

All integrate with each other quite well.

Now we just need CRM systems and proposal building software for professional proposals rather than the standard line item quote from the accounting software. I demoed quote roller but the costs were quite high

I was speaking with a customer today who is preparing for a marketing campaign to increase her customer base and sell more services to existing customers – sounded similar to your campaign Brodie. She has shortlisted 2 CRM systems, Insightly and Microsoft Dynamics, and was planning a new Facebook page along with a Twitter account. I had mentioned Insightly in an earlier forum post but Microsoft Dynamics might be worth a look too.

Thanks bluey and stump I will be looking into both of those products in the next few days along with your list Tim.

Currently we are running the following, all are live in the cloud,

Geo op - job scheduling

Xero - accounting

IAuditor - safety management

All integrate with each other quite well.

Now we just need CRM systems and proposal building software for professional proposals rather than the standard line item quote from the accounting software. I demoed quote roller but the costs were quite high

I'm currently using QuickBooks Online for all the accounting side of things, client data is maintained on a excel spreadsheet and diary is through Microsoft Outlook which syncs with my iphone and ipad. Good thing about QuickBooks online is its web based and I can invoice from the car on my ipad.

I also have Lawn Pro software which I'm looking at now using for all my client stuff, scheduling, notes etc. This would replace the excel spreadsheet and Microsoft Outlook calendar. It's web based and very detailed, can track chemical applications by client etc. Just wish I could sync it with Outlook for my diary.

It would be great if Microsoft had a product I could use where you can customise fields etc. Anyone know of anything ? I have Office Professional but there is nothing in that suitable.

M287j - Pretty much the same as me QuickBooksOnline - iphone/Ipad/mac they just updated iphone/ipad app today with some nice features. I also use excel for client details also and use Ical for my scheduling. The auto repeat function on ICAL is invaluable!