Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Show us your Vistaprint website

Default Show us your Vistaprint website

Just wondering if you guys made up a website through Vistaprint website.
    Would like to see what the end result looks like with the tools they supply making it.

Default Re: Show us your Vistaprint website

There are a few around but crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Just wondering if you guys made up a website through Vistaprint website.
    Would like to see what the end result looks like with the tools they supply making it.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I set mine up through Vistaprint. It was pretty easy to do. Cost $30 odd dollars a month so it's not that cheap in the long run. My site is maggieeyeonthegarden.com.au.

Cheers,

Greg

Seriously, don't pay $30 bucks a month for a website

Agree. Pay $360 a year for a website you can do bugger all with. Ripped off.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I registered my domain name through Host Papa, it cost less than $200 for three years (not sure how much it is now, but won't be much different) and purchased 'Web-Easy Professional" off the net, there are numerous web design programmes out there.

I'm no whizz with the computer and my website (www.lggf.com.au) is not too flash, but it gets my message across and I can access and make any changes I wish, as frequently as I like.

Jesus. If you payed near $200 to register a domain name for 3 yrs then they saw you coming. I register mine for 2 yrs for $30. You can get them cheaper than that if you shop around.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Jesus. If you payed near $200 to register a domain name for 3 yrs then they saw you coming. I register mine for 2 yrs for $30. You can get them cheaper than that if you shop around.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that they also provide my web hosting for that price.

$19 per year for a .com.au domain, hosting for $1-2 USD per month (you don't need hosting in Australia, it's not going to make a noticeable difference) and $30 gets you a decent template for a basic HTML site or a theme for a Wordpress blog. It's not worth paying huge amounts for 'big name' Australian hosting companies when you can get the same speed and reliability from overseas providers. If you took the bait and paid $200 for 3 years of a .com.au domain, you can sign up to a different, cheaper domain registrar and transfer your domain to them and get the renewal cheap when it comes up.

There's a lot of free website building software on the internet, even a lot of webhosts give you the software online through their control panel for free. I used CoffeeCup HTML editor for a while, it lets you load templates and edit them fairly easily. $200 should get you through at least ~7 years of hosting with domain renewals.
    Cert III Arborist

Quote Originally Posted by SunM View Post
    $19 per year for a .com.au domain, hosting for $1-2 USD per month (you don't need hosting in Australia, it's not going to make a noticeable difference) and $30 gets you a decent template for a basic HTML site or a theme for a Wordpress blog. It's not worth paying huge amounts for 'big name' Australian hosting companies when you can get the same speed and reliability from overseas providers. If you took the bait and paid $200 for 3 years of a .com.au domain, you can sign up to a different, cheaper domain registrar and transfer your domain to them and get the renewal cheap when it comes up.

There's a lot of free website building software on the internet, even a lot of webhosts give you the software online through their control panel for free. I used CoffeeCup HTML editor for a while, it lets you load templates and edit them fairly easily. $200 should get you through at least ~7 years of hosting with domain renewals.
    Thanks for that, I dug my invoice out, the exact cost cost for three year's hosting which included the registration of my Domain name was $156.40, which equates to about $1 per month. I did a fair bit of homework before signing up and at the time it seemed a pretty good deal, and so far I'm yet to see/find a better deal that suits my requirements. Nevertheless, I will have a look at 'CoffeeCup' before my renewal is due in December.

For webhosting less is not always best. Depends on what you get and how good the support is. Offers that are really cheap most likely mean your sharing a server with a lot more pages. I have all my hosting for various sites on Australian servers. Support is the real key. You can get a cheap webhost but if their support is crap then you will have issues down the track
    Cheers

Bluey