I have been told by 3 different doctors in the last few weeks, to give the game away. Easier said than done, the last one to tell me was more on the mark and sympathetic of my situation, he said my body wont last another 20 years mowing, and that it is time to either move on or employ people to do the work. He said its time to really start to make decisions and be sorted out within 2 years max.Its a bit hard to swallow when this is all I know, I have been in the turf maintenance industry since I was 15 years old, so there is nothing to fall back on. Even though this work has all its problems and faults I still love what I do and would probably do it all again, maybe a little different. Only last week I had cut a lawn early one morning, the sun was out, and you could smell the freshly cut grass, and I thought to myself I really love this, but it is just about over.
I am depressed and worried about what to do, any advice on growing to a larger business??? I would need at least 2 employees ,its a big decision I don't know what to do.I have had an offsider before but that was casual, this would be a whole different ball game.
I have thought about setting up a business just spraying and fertilizing lawns, but Im not sure if I would get enough work to keep me going.Any thoughts guys