Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: TPE mowers

Default TPE mowers

Hi my name is Graeme , live in south Australia and looking at starting up a lawn mowing service from scratch .
    just wanted to know if any one has some feed back on the TPE lawn mowers .
    what i have been told is when Honda changed to the current base that blocks up all the time - TPE bought the rights to use the old base's and put the Honda motors on them .(these are the ones that did not block up )
    looking at TN008H =$800 and the TN011 sp 21" =$1199
    just wanted some feed back .
    regards Graeme

Default Re: TPE mowers

If you look on page 5 in this section you will see the issues With the 21" TPE mower. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme L View Post
    Hi my name is Graeme , live in south Australia and looking at starting up a lawn mowing service from scratch .
    just wanted to know if any one has some feed back on the TPE lawn mowers .
    what i have been told is when Honda changed to the current base that blocks up all the time - TPE bought the rights to use the old base's and put the Honda motors on them .(these are the ones that did not block up )
    looking at TN008H =$800 and the TN011 sp 21" =$1199
    just wanted some feed back .
    regards Graeme
    I have the old 216D and new 216m2 honda, they both are great. the 216d would be the same as the TPE Chonda your looking at.

I prefer the new M2 one even though it is a lot heavier 10kg "because of the blade break". I never push the mower and don't manhandle it.
    The M2 with blade break means i never ever carry a bag back to the ute, I drive the mower back to the ute carrying 2 full catchers. It makes things a lot easier, having a powered cart to carrier things for you. I even use it to drag may arse up steep drive ways.

the honda 216M2 is my first preference and the 216D is only used for Stairs and Mulching jobs.

The honda's catches great, catchers are packed tight with wet grass, you need to have 4 high lift blades Shappened, increase the rev's from standard and always maintain clean catcher bags. The Honda's don't clog up if this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I have the old 216D and new 216m2 honda, they both are great. the 216d would be the same as the TPE Chonda your looking at.

I prefer the new M2 one even though it is a lot heavier 10kg "because of the blade break". I never push the mower and don't manhandle it.
    The M2 with blade break means i never ever carry a bag back to the ute, I drive the mower back to the ute carrying 2 full catchers. It makes things a lot easier, having a powered cart to carrier things for you. I even use it to drag may arse up steep drive ways.

the honda 216M2 is my first preference and the 216D is only used for Stairs and Mulching jobs.

The honda's catches great, catchers are packed tight with wet grass, you need to have 4 high lift blades Shappened, increase the rev's from standard and always maintain clean catcher bags. The Honda's don't clog up if this is done.
    All true mate. I can vouch for the M2 and the M1 for that matter. My M1 does a slightly better job than the M2. And like macka said. Up the revs to around 3500, keep the blades sharp and I will also add keep the bag clean to that. And as long as you don't do a lot of dusty work, cut the black dust cover off the bag. That makes a big difference when catching. However with the wet stuff it soon blocks up unfortunately.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    All true mate. I can vouch for the M2 and the M1 for that matter. My M1 does a slightly better job than the M2. And like macka said. Up the revs to around 3500, keep the blades sharp and I will also add keep the bag clean to that. And as long as you don't do a lot of dusty work, cut the black dust cover off the bag. That makes a big difference when catching. However with the wet stuff it soon blocks up unfortunately.
    Jason I like my M1 better than the M2 too, I find it just cuts smoother for some reason. What are your reasons?

thanks for your response on the TPE mowers .
    when you are trying to start out its hard to pick, what right until you have done the job .
    i am still trying to find some info out before i buy anything.
    i don't mind paying for good equipment as long as it does the task.
    i was also looking towards the Rover mowers as they don't have a big issue with blocking up- this is only what i have read (due to wet or high Grass )
    any help with information or feedback on equipment to get would be appreciated.
    regards Graeme