Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Fatique

Easycareacres

Default Fatique

Dont know if just me but this summer found it so hot and come home with no fizz in me.
    End up buying drinks in concerntrate to put electrodes back in me.
    I dont seem to eat hardly in summers just water as coke and fizzy drinks tasted to sweet. Think I had sustain or something to re-fizz myself. Maybe im getting old lol.

Tonyr

LOL! Mate, I'm fatigued every day, summer and winter, I know I'm just too old! Hey and I don't even push mowers! LOL!
    Now things are quieter I'm fatigued through lack of motivation, lazy and tired, leave it until the last minute before leaving the computer and going to work, oh I really need a life !! lol.

Nice weather with recent showers has given me some extra work so that'll keep me outa trouble...maybe

I'm probably down to 35% work load compared to summer, still cruisin quietly....

Having a lot of bad days trying to manage this sugar thing though, that makes me tired as well.

Old mate, just plain old!

BTW, did you know Toro's are faster than Scags?
    Had to throw something silly in for fun!

Easycareacres

Yes sugar levels have alot to do with it, I occasianly buy a chocy bar at servo but forget most times.
    I might look into it for coming summers as my guys all felt the same. We share the whipping ride-on edging as long day on one peice of equip. Sorry we eat toros for breakfast down here lol.

Tonyr

I'm fat enough without chocolate! LOL!

Suger like that spins me out, bad headaches n stuff.

Softdrink works, gatorade etc is OK, combined salt tablets sorta work, water and several light snacks to keep the fire burning is my trick, only I can't eat when I'm hot.

But mate, seriously, unlike Scags mate, the mighty Toro goes sooooo fast it is like a nice sea breeze on ya all day, even have to tie the hat on!! LOL!

Also, you won't believe this but, though I'm north, it is mild in summer and winter on the coast, don't get the hot and cold like you, love this climate!

Too nice to work really...

Easycareacres

Gatorade been using that but didnt like the taste so went with this other, we all were drinking up to 5 litres each per day as many km's walked. Might find a big drum for chilled water and try glucose or something. Ha I get heartburn from choc so in small doses.

Tonyr

5 lt of water a day!!?????

Crikey, we northern folk drink more than that amount in beer every daY LOL!

I summer a carton lasts 2 days, lights though, after a big day I reckon I'm entitled to a beer or 2.

Never drank before I met Ebony though just for the record:

patch

You should try a product called Reliv Energize if you can find a distributor up there.
    I am not trying to promote the product but it is very good.
    It's so "B" cold down here that I am on hot choc.

PATCH

Easycareacres

haa patch, we still in swimmers here, ok thanks for the tip on energy drink.

Indyanswer

cod liver oil best thing around, how soon we forget what our granny taught us

Viceroy

Iam going to try glucose tablets. Have used them while playing football so cant see why they wont work. Get them from the supermarket.
    That with a bucket load of water i think will help.
    Ta
    Paul

Ebony

Now I am sure you are all aware that breakfast is the most important meal of the day So I hope you are all eating a bit of breaky before you go out.

Isn't it good to add a bit of cordial rather then drink just water.

I don't know, I live on Coffee! Patch It is nice and warm where I am How well does the average energy drink work.

Guarana and Ginseng are meant to be good for energy.

Used to make energy shakes which had banana or whatever, LSA (Linseed, Sunflower and Almond - i know you can buy this in a powder type form, I just never could find it so I got out the blender and made my own, lovely flavour in the drink) Add an egg or two, some sugar, vanilla Essence. Depends how much energy you need hehe. Was good stuff actually.

I could go right into this, I think a lot could use a liver cleansing (which can help your health and energy levels a heap) There is some really grose tasting stuff you can get which I think is called liver tonic (fancy that hehe) you have it once a day with juice etc. help clean your liver right out.

Keep yourself hydrated, EAT, you are the most valuable tool in your business, look after yourself

Ebony

Indyanswer

Lecithen great for the joints stops build up of fluid in joint areas . egg nog cheap and great for hi energy also banana

odin

I know I'm just too old! Hey and I don't even push mowers! LOL!
    lol tony ...how old are you lol .....this old man is 55 be 56 in october..work a 8 to 12 hour day ...come home lift weights a couple hours ...shower ... play and sing or read to my bonnie lass's maria and kirsty ..... try to get the old lady in the swing of things ...if you get my drift lol ....lol you old hahaha ...

Tonyr

Lol, I'm 38, but a lot of days I reckon I feel like 70. ha, ha.

I can still put the big days in, just I knock up more and more nowadays, but my fitness level isn't up to par as you guys that do manual work all day anymore, sitting on a machine spoils a bloke lol.

It's only about what you are used to though, if I went back to hard work it only takes a short time to adjust.

I just chose a physically easier way to earn money, busted my ass most of my working life, running trucks up the highway, farming, shift work 12hrs, so now I'm not as fit why not slow down and take it easier? I live in a great place on the coast, heaps of young blokes and others willing to sweat their balls off for a dollar, let em have it, when I can get between 1 and 2 dollars a minute sitting on a ZTR there is no way I'm giving that up to shovel dirt, mulch etc.

I won't be able to say this forever though I guess...

odin

cant blame ya mate ...im a little soft in the head i like hard work ..i love excersie .....you got a old lady who's 47 and looks 25 ...you got to keep the body tip top and muscled lol