Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Good quality sprinkler?

Default Good quality sprinkler?

I have a client who wants the best quality sprinkler for his 100 mtr square yard.
    Any ideas guys? cost doesnt matter just needs good commercial quality
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Default Re: Good quality sprinkler?

Cant beat the old lawn tractor sprinklers. I like this one, but not used it before though.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-so...7700h_p3130616
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Nice... I forgot to mention, he has 2 large dogs who love to bite at things
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Atleast the one above is steel lol, they would only bite it once
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

The Hugh end properties that I look after general have 'Rainbird' sprinklers. Pop up systems controlled by Hunter controllers. I haven't installed them, but they are easy to service and adjust if needed.

Rainbird will look after you. Good controllers and good pop ups.

I use rainbird when a client wants a good quality systems and hunter when we still want a good system but on a budget level. Both brands are quality

Thanks guys I cant see if they sell the Oscillating sprinkler?
    he thinks its better than the pop up.
    Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    Rainbird will look after you. Good controllers and good pop ups.

I use rainbird when a client wants a good quality systems and hunter when we still want a good system but on a budget level. Both brands are quality

I really dont know if this is relevant but theres a sprinkler called, Wobbler. I used to have one on my grey water outlet. Thing is, there are different tips to run different pressures or flows. You can get a large coverage with small or large water droplets.
    I think you can get them from Bunnings but also irrigation type shops. http://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/category301_1.htm

Like I said, probably not relevant!

Rainbird or Hunter stainless steel popup sprinklers will be what you want, commercial units and the dogs will blunt their teeth on the shafts.

Can anyone install irrigation on about 300metres length ( about 800sq mtrs) of nature strip in Dandenong south area? From 2 seperate factories that both have irrigation on garden areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I really dont know if this is relevant but theres a sprinkler called, Wobbler. I used to have one on my grey water outlet. Thing is, there are different tips to run different pressures or flows. You can get a large coverage with small or large water droplets.
    I think you can get them from Bunnings but also irrigation type shops. http://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/category301_1.htm

I have one of these at home Mick. I use it all the time. Its called the Wobble T. Aussie made. Mimics heavy soaking rain. And you can get a great result on low pressure. Can link them together too. Great little sprinkler
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Looking at putting popups in lawn at home. Its a narrow rectangular strip area 4ft across at one end and 8ft at the other. I've worked out I can get head to head coverage with MP rotator side and end strip nozzles but just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with MP rotators over spray heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

That looks very good one of my customers has been away and I have been watering and trying to keep the gardens alive on a 15 acre property for the last 5 weeks through this heat.

The water pressure is very low and the little plastic sprinkler has made the job very tough.

Something like this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Looking at putting popups in lawn at home. Its a narrow rectangular strip area 4ft across at one end and 8ft at the other. I've worked out I can get head to head coverage with MP rotator side and end strip nozzles but just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with MP rotators over spray heads.
    If you haven't already done this, we only use MP Rotators these days and don't use sprays. They are awesome. You can have a lot more MP Rotators on each zone compared to sprays, they put the water out nice and slow which lets it soak in instead of running off, and are much better in the wind. They look good too.

Haven't done it yet, was going to go MP rotators, then was going to go spray heads, now after reading your post I'm back on the rotators. Just haven't had time to put them in yet and with this rain i spend more time running outside and turning irrigation off rather than on. Not complaining though.