Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Gloves

Default Gloves

Any body got any recommendations on what gloves to use for weeding. I mostly use the green grippa style that you can get from most gardening centers, Bunnings etc. They are great but the fingers wear out on the Right hand all the time (I'm right handed) so I have a box of near new left handed gloves and am always searching for a right hand with the fewest holes.

Default Re: Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by BGC View Post
    Any body got any recommendations on what gloves to use for weeding. I mostly use the green grippa style that you can get from most gardening centers, Bunnings etc. They are great but the fingers wear out on the Right hand all the time (I'm right handed) so I have a box of near new left handed gloves and am always searching for a right hand with the fewest holes.

Can recommend the 'Red Hog' gloves (used to be branded Redback but there was a TM issue).
    The black 'Ninja Maxim - Black Chrome' gloves are also very good as the coating on palm/finger fronts is a nitrile rubber which isnot affected by solvents etc.
    I have found J & M Brain in Pakenham Vicv to be good & reliable supplier of these and a big range of other gloves at very good prices.

Joe

For weeding and general use i use the Pope 'work style premium' glove from Bunnings ($12.60). They are soft leather with webbing at the back so your hands never get hot and are easy to take on and off.

I bought 10 pair of these, no complaints http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Pairs-...item27d90c2a63

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69