Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: hows the weather

  1. #4051
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: hows the weather

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    l think you will like them [icerays] Carlton dry up here and ginger beer.just seen fridays weather 47
    d take care
    Out in the heat till from 7.00am to 2.30pm with the Ice Ray's on for first time.
    What an amazing (facebook word) product. I did an extra job due to wearing these re the heat. Arms much cooler, body temp a little better and much better arm UV skin protection.
    Slogged it out on some wettish high growth watered lawns meaning I had to compact the grass in the catcher to minimise how many times it was emptied. Ices Rays stayed impressively clean, grass does not stick to them, just brushes off.
    In the car with air con directed to body the arms have a effect of being in chiller coolroom.
    Great product, ordering 2 more online tonight. Thanks for the Tip.

    Side note but weather related; first job was at the local Airport which is a big Regional Airport. Some serious water bombing equipment lined up ready for action with crew on the tarmac that's hopefully not needed. Including the 4 jet Hercules style water bomber, mother of a plane.
    Cheers Garry

  2. #4052
    Senior Member BeetleJuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Re: hows the weather

    I started wear them after having skin cancer removed,cyclist have been wearing them for years.

  3. #4053
    Senior Member kevinsuzanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    mildura,victoria
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: hows the weather

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Out in the heat till from 7.00am to 2.30pm with the Ice Ray's on for first time.
    What an amazing (facebook word) product. I did an extra job due to wearing these re the heat. Arms much cooler, body temp a little better and much better arm UV skin protection.
    Slogged it out on some wettish high growth watered lawns meaning I had to compact the grass in the catcher to minimise how many times it was emptied. Ices Rays stayed impressively clean, grass does not stick to them, just brushes off.
    In the car with air con directed to body the arms have a effect of being in chiller coolroom.
    Great product, ordering 2 more online tonight. Thanks for the Tip.

    Side note but weather related; first job was at the local Airport which is a big Regional Airport. Some serious water bombing equipment lined up ready for action with crew on the tarmac that's hopefully not needed. Including the 4 jet Hercules style water bomber, mother of a plane.
    good to hear thats some serious aircraft.

  4. #4054
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: hows the weather

    I just got home 20mins ago 11.30am. just now checked Mildura's current temp and forecast - Simply Brutal, roads melt in that temp & humans and animals.
    Hope your de capping a few Super Cold Carlton Dry's from that special batch CUB send to Mildura.
    I was asked to join the boys on Vic/NSW Alpine lop M/bike ride for 8 days this week but declined with work, but there are potentially baddish fires in progress. So watching them on CFA site and sending them a few updates into there GPS Bluetooth devices. They ride BMW's so plenty of gadgets onboard
    Cheers Garry

  5. #4055
    Senior Member kevinsuzanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    mildura,victoria
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: hows the weather

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    I just got home 20mins ago 11.30am. just now checked Mildura's current temp and forecast - Simply Brutal, roads melt in that temp & humans and animals.
    Hope your de capping a few Super Cold Carlton Dry's from that special batch CUB send to Mildura.
    I was asked to join the boys on Vic/NSW Alpine lop M/bike ride for 8 days this week but declined with work, but there are potentially baddish fires in progress. So watching them on CFA site and sending them a few updates into there GPS Bluetooth devices. They ride BMW's so plenty of gadgets onboard
    We certainly are but didnt break the record for the hottest day though Swan Hill topped
    us at 47.5 .Taking a break today from work and try to recover.l seen heat kills more people
    than any other illness.

  6. #4056
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: hows the weather

    Last nite checked the Weatherzone App 11.50pm 40deg at Albury airport where the monitor is.
    I've the heat stroked giddy light headed feeling still, so didn't work today (sat), but have an near all day commercial tomorrow and will have to do todays 3hr worth of jobs Monday now. Had the big toe/heels bandaged with cloth athletic tape but it falls of when the boots/socks are saturated.
    Darn humid today with the slight shower activity passing through.
    Feb's the hottest statically, sheeish.
    Bit of radio talk in our town as to peoples concern with high power usage and what the next bills will, especially with back to school expenses. So glad I upgraded me Solar to 9kw at end of Sept 2018.

    Being semi rural edged we have several rows of gumtrees on the block behind us, the birds all fly in and nest there for the night and have a big chit chat before bedtime.
    Last night they just flew in and said nothing, no noise not a sound, think they were all buggered too. Not even the Kookunburra's could muster up a call.
    Cheers Garry

  7. #4057

    Default Re: hows the weather

    The weather is about 30c and a little humid - most days.
    Looks like I could have a tough week ahead.
    Never mind I have some new equipment to use�� in Bali4DF99E35-1527-42A9-A6DD-8DAAA4AE301A.jpg
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  8. #4058

    Default Re: hows the weather

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    The weather is about 30c and a little humid - most days.
    Looks like I could have a tough week ahead.
    Never mind I have some new equipment to use😆 in Bali4DF99E35-1527-42A9-A6DD-8DAAA4AE301A.jpg
    Back home! Left Melbourne dry needing rain. Got quite a bit while I was away and weather seems to be quite good upon returning, can't beat that
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •