Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anyone heard of CheckVault?

Default Anyone heard of CheckVault?

Saw this in ACA tonight.
    From what I can work out... You do a quote, if the customer accepts the quote they put the money into "check vault." Once the job is complete and the customer is satisfied the money is released to you.

I don't see this working very well for regular mowing (small stuff anyway) but garden clean ups, one off jobs, landscaping etc I think it could be great!

Have a look anyway...

https://www.checkvault.com.au

Default Re: Anyone heard of CheckVault?

without having a look...if it was on ACA, I'd be inclined to be very suss as its a very suss show

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Ive heard it advertised on radio 2gb for a couple months now. Be ideal for larger accounts, curious what the fees would be like.

Just use paypal, ACA ran an advertising promo not news, on all ACA shows?...the ending 5 mins is dedicated to a promo of some kind.
    And what about the sly customers who don't like your work and hold funds to be assholes.

Interesting that it is a no cost operation and they claim they make their income from the interest on the funds held in escrow/trust.
    Given the number of staff / key ppl mentioned on their website, they will need to have significant funds in escrow for the interest to pay them all (unless their salary is peanuts - I doubt).

Looks interesting and could be very useful at times, but a question I have is what happens when there is a dispute - what is the resolution process to either get funds back or released.

Joe.