Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TORO Grandstand Stand behind

Default TORO Grandstand Stand behind

Hi gents, I have been looking at this for some time now, and also have seen one and had a good look at it, to me the stand behinds look very practical and would be perfect for my needs being a 36" cut i could do my big strata jobs with it and also my Residential work...
    But for $9k i really want to ask the question to those who have used Toro or even used this grandstand, what are they like as in No known problems etc?
    it is a fully fabricated deck, 18HP kawa v twin Commercial motor.
    im really thinking hard about it but i also want to make the right choce etc...
    Thanks guys
    Steve

Default Re: TORO Grandstand Stand behind

We looked at the grandstand and liked them, we went with a zero instead because that suited our needs better at the time but we are revisiting the grandstand again soon.

We have all toro zeros and have not looked back. The fab decks are very strong and the only problem we had was a break caliper that sheared off and it was fixed under warranty without any fuss.

Initially I was not a fan of the Kawasaki just because we had never put them into service but all in all a good engine. Keep them maintained and they will perform.

I know the first grandstands in Australia lacked any measurable suspension but I beleve all the little bugs have been sorted out now that they have been on the market for about 5 years now.

Who are you buying from?

Originally, was thinking to buy it from gyc for $8500. However, after doing some research and asked few questions at lawnsite forum. I ordered scag vride 36 after the recommendations from people at lawnsite.
    one of my questions was toro grandstand or scag vride

reckon I'd go Scag over Toro too

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Today I had a look at the toro timecutter with the 42 inch fabricated deck, 25hp kohler motor $5500 brand new. Now I have had a toro ztr before but it was the full commercial model and was a great little machine. I wanted to know if anyone is running one of these and your thoughts. The dealer told me that a smaller one is coming out in a couple of months but didn't know what size motor , but thinks it may be a single cylinder which would rule it out for me. I have been also looking at a new walker mb 19hp kohler 42 inch deck, this is the one that doesn't collect grass, its $11800. So I am swaying towards the toro as I only have a handful of ride on jobs, but really need to do something very soon as I have been push mowing these jobs, and with a sore hip its bloody killing me......

Went to the dealer to buy a new toro last week, he took me out the back and showed me a machine he had just traded, as the old bloke that bought it couldn't get used to it on his sloping block. 42 inch fab deck, 23 hp Kawasaki in very good condition. He wanted $3400 , I said $3000 cash , done deal. He said if I don't like it bring it back, and he will give me my money back, cool deal

Not much interest, but the toro is surprising me, with its drivability and good finish, the 23hp Kawasaki is very smooth running. I will post some pics if you like, the fab deck is great, anyone looking for a good ztr mower, that is not going to be on it all day ,for the price you cant go wrong. New they are around $5500, so its about half of a full commercial machine . The walker mb is more than twice the price. And I am a walker fan, but after using this you just can not justify the extra $$$$$$,

Good choice, the only thing I would recommend adding to this mower is a Donaldson air filter system. All tho Kawasaki produce one of the best engines there paper element air filters are exposed to the dust more so than other brands. We currently have 23hp Kawasaki in the workshop at work blown up from being dusted with only 90 hours on it.

Pics would be good NLALM, and videos would be even better.

P1010246.jpgP1010247.jpgP1010253.jpgP1010254.jpgHere is the mower and a lawn I cut last week, second lowest setting mulched, it was longish buffalo, finish was quite good. The mower saved heaps of time on this lawn its quite big and a big front yard

Nice one NLALM. That finish would make the Walker guys jealous.

They are a surprising little machine, a customer of mine has the 42 and the same thing in a 50 inch, I mow his 6 acre property once a week on it. it has been very reliable with a good quality cut. choke cables are piss weak so I stopped replacing them and just operate the choke by hand, ride is very rigid and traction is very poor on slopes but cant go wrong at that price if you are not using it too often.

John.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

20150401_104951.jpg20150401_104959-1.jpg

i woke up this morning to find the place is soaking wet, so i canceled my morning and went to GYC to have another look at the grandstand and every time i look at it i always have excusses why i shouldnt buy it...Well today i had no excusses so i got a real good deal....I pick it up tomorrow so EXCITED!!!time to kick some grass

must admit its alot of cash to fork out, But this thing being a 36" cut will save me heaps of time on my residentials and is super size will be good for my strata

hi greenie,
    well done.
    i havent used much my Scag V-ride yet...but so far love it

just looked at your Kawi engine...seems the scag got better model: Kawasaki FX600V

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast