Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Glyso weed killer

Default Glyso weed killer

Just watch it when giving the weeds a squirt, did a job 2 weeks ago and in the process of spraying the weeds along the narrow side of the property near the house and fenceline I must have walked back over the treated region, roundup on the boots = dead footprints on the good section. My bad.

Default Re: Glyso weed killer

Yeah it sure shows up mistakes. I have a commercial job I look after. Only hedges and a small bit of hand weeding plus a nature strip to mow. Was there this week and nature strip had been mowed. There are about 30 to 40 plants in a low hedge on one side of the driveway. Half of these were showing signs of dying off. I was speaking to the owner and we couldn't work out why until he mentioned Council was there 2 weeks ago.

Had a look out the front and you could see where they had sprayed around the base of the street tree. Dont know why because I snip around it. Look up and down the street an all trees were the same. I said to the owner were they spraying and he said yes. I said was it a windy day and he said yes. BINGO. Thats why your hedge is dying. Told him to take it up with Council.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

We're all allowed one mistake aren't we...

I once left a tap on a faulty irrigation system, cost me nearly $200 because a tennant at the property called realestate when they saw water coming from garden after hours and they called plumber, plumber charged what plumber charges when he has to turn off a tap late at night...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    We're all allowed one mistake aren't we...

I once left a tap on a faulty irrigation system, cost me nearly $200 because a tennant at the property called realestate when they saw water coming from garden after hours and they called plumber, plumber charged what plumber charges when he has to turn off a tap late at night...
    ****e, he's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    x2, Welcome back !!! just get a little tired of all the #$%^#* and needed a little break ?
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    x2, Welcome back !!! just get a little tired of all the #$%^#* and needed a little break ?
    Cheers Fred.
    Na just haven't found the time and computer, computer was thrown out after iPad was introduced then kids stole iPad etc etc

And I was giving you a chance to catch up to me on the post count. Very good almost within a 100! I better boost my number up again. ��

Oh and is anyone going to say it's Glypho isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Commercial Mowing View Post
    Thought you might be catching up to me on posts too. Crikey just saw Bluey's he must talk more than me he's over 5k!