Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Slashing Vacant Blocks

Default Slashing Vacant Blocks

Hey guys what do you use for slashing vacant blocks (residential 400-900sqm) and what charges do you invoice your clients with.

Some people say they use a tractor slasher and charge $100 while some (like myself) bust their asses slashing by brushcutter and charge roughly $200-$350.

What equipment do you guys use? I just pump the work with a 35cc honda and 2.7 magnum line (I'd like recommendations on what else works better as other line just melts.) I also found that using 95 or 98 octane fuel for the 4stroke just makes it rev harder and work is quicker.

Default Re: Slashing Vacant Blocks

wouldn't even consider slashing a block with a brushcutter, no longevity in that sort of work. My rideon will take it down but not worth the risk of hitting anything and having repairs.

I pass all that work on to the guy with the small tractor and slasher.

or leave it to a Jims
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    wouldn't even consider slashing a block with a brushcutter, no longevity in that sort of work. My rideon will take it down but not worth the risk of hitting anything and having repairs.

I pass all that work on to the guy with the small tractor and slasher.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

ride on - or 3.3mm diamond edge line

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Bigger the gear the better ZTR or ride on, SP slashers are good.
    As for the brush cutter 42cc and above 3.3 line or maybe with a blade, Go in first with the brushy to have a look for any hidden surprises but expect to hit something.
    Charge on the high end as these jobs can seriously screw your gear up.

Cheers thanks lads...

Was just going to do the service as ad extra...maybe something to do early in the morning 4 times a week so its a good feeling putting away roughly 200-300 before most people get up in the morning etc.

How much do you guys normally charge?

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

The pro slashing (tractor slasher)guys here charge $70 for a 800sqm block here so if someone ask's me to slash a block I say no. Not worth it with high chances of damage to your equipment.

Wow. Glad I am not slashing blocks in SA. The cost of a tractor and slasher then the cost of a truck to transport it to make only $70. No thanks.
    Cheers
    hjl

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Wow. Glad I am not slashing blocks in SA. The cost of a tractor and slasher then the cost of a truck to transport it to make only $70. No thanks.
    Cheers
    hjl
    there's a guy in our town that does slashing work for vacant blocks and subdivisions, makes a mint charging bugger all, does a massive volume per day 10-20, he has a tractor with slasher that goes on a trailer. Do 20 blocks in a subdivision side by side at $70 each is good money for a days work. He has the market and charges $100 a block, thats 1,000 to 2,000 a day, no wonder he has a big boat and spends most of the week fishing. the bastage...

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

get a lot of blocks around my area 450 to 600 sq blocks and charge between $80 to $150. If they are to rough I dont do them . Use the 60" tank as much as I can and finish the rest of with the 33cc brushy.

Do have some reg blocks that take about 15/20 mins and charge $60 min. Can be a good earner if you take care of your equipment and dont just run over it and hope for the best.