Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: ANZAC Day

Default ANZAC Day

What is everyone doing this year. Being the 100 year anniversary it is a special one. I would encourage you all to try and attend a Dawn Service somewhere. If you have never been or have been thinking about it this year is the ideal time to do it. If you have family who are ex service go with them to the Dawn Service and bring your friends.

It is set to be a huge turn out this year but the more the better. The are a lot of young ex servicemen and women who have now served in the various wars we have been involved with over the last decade or so. Many families will have relatives who have served and died in wars Australia has fought in. Show Australia that the memory of the ANZAC's will never be forgotten. Do you bit and turn out for a dawn service.

I will be a Semaphore in Adelaide as per usual
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: ANZAC Day

I'd like to visit Gallipoli, and France, but maybe April 24 or 26th for Gallipoli, It'll be a bit of a circus this year, cruise ships, tourists, politicians........
    Yes, Dawn service is a pretty sobering experience, also have a few beers, maybe a meal at an RSL every now and then, they need the $$ coming in to stay afloat

going to take the grandkids for their first one but will be to our local newly built shrine ..normally go to the big shrine of remembrance in the city but normally over 50k people( they reckon 100k this year ) gets a bit crowded for the little ones....wherever you got to the dawn service it does not matter ,keep the spirit of ANZAC alive for the future a teach the younger generation from an early stage if you can...

You cant even get to Galipolli this year unless you won a spot in the ballot. Only a certain amount allowed in.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Weren't allowed in 100 years ago as well. If there's a will, there's a way.

My girls are in the local Cubs and my wife is a Cub Leader. Every year my girls and wife partake in the Hornsby Anzac Day March with Cubs. It's on this Sunday. They also partake in the Anzac Day dawn service at Hornsby.
    It's great to see the little ones through Cubs and the like get involved. The veterans love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    What is everyone doing this year. Being the 100 year anniversary it is a special one. I would encourage you all to try and attend a Dawn Service somewhere. If you have never been or have been thinking about it this year is the ideal time to do it. If you have family who are ex service go with them to the Dawn Service and bring your friends.

It is set to be a huge turn out this year but the more the better. The are a lot of young ex servicemen and women who have now served in the various wars we have been involved with over the last decade or so. Many families will have relatives who have served and died in wars Australia has fought in. Show Australia that the memory of the ANZAC's will never be forgotten. Do you bit and turn out for a dawn service.

I will be a Semaphore in Adelaide as per usual
    Will get the in laws along this year.

When I was a young fella we did the Anzac day march in the cadet band, through the city to the Shrine. Did not fully understand it when I was 13-15 when I was puffing away on the Baritone or Euphonium, but it has been taught to our younger generations who now seem to embrace it.

Taking the boys to march with their primary school to a smaller local march just on the edge of town as we do each year. After that maybe go for a drive for a couple of hours to near Boonah in South East Qld for a fly-in of old Biplanes.

Listen to this guy. He hits the nail on the head fair and square

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...09&pnref=story
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Listen to this guy. He hits the nail on the head fair and square

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...09&pnref=story
    well bluey you have hit the nail on the head with this brilliant post...i have shared it with many friends and everyone like you said it has hit the spot...all our friends wjho havent been to a dawn service are now going on this bloke speech ...what a legend

Lest we forget.