Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Shindaiwa technical help

Default Shindaiwa technical help

My brother brought his domestic Shindaiwa 22F trimmer to me to see if I could get it running again for him. Just out of warranty and a shop here told him maybe $200 minimum to get it working, without actually telling him what's wrong with it mind you.

These engines are also used in some Shindy hedge trimmers as well I believe. Cheap parts aren't a problem out of the US but trying to work out what I'll need first is an issue. Does anyone know if the ignition module in these was ever a problem? Or anything else to look at? The cylinder/head also has cracked through vibration where one of the screws goes through the corner to button it all together.

Default Re: Shindaiwa technical help

whats it actually doing or not doing? As I can ask my old man, he used to be NQ Shindiawa Rep
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

try a compression test, see if the crack is further than it looks perhaps?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I'll have to screw a few parts, carby etc, back onto it but my brother Danny said it just wouldn't start the last time he went to use it a couple of months ago. He's gone and bought a new Honda 4-stroke now anyway but if I can fix this one cheaply enough I'll give it to my sister-in-law to use to help her out. Should be able to feel if there's no compression when I try to start it.

Do the usual Paul, check for spark before putting plug in, check for compression once you have spark and then check for fuel. I usually pour a bit of fuel down the plug hole if it does not start and I have spark and compression, it runs for a few seconds then you know its a fuel problem. Could be as easy a kinked fuel line or a pin hole in fuel line. I used to replace fuel lines every year just so I did not have a fuel line problem.