Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree lopper Pruning from neighbour tree???

Default Tree lopper Pruning from neighbour tree???

Hi everybody,
    I have one customer and he want to pruning and cut everything what coming from him neighbour tree. And from ground I see it will be around 20-25m3 of the green waste for removal.
    What you think how much I need to charge him?
    Thanks for help

Default Re: Pruning from neighbour tree???

Big tree, what's your plan for the green waste?? tip, private property??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B
    Big tree, what's your plan for the green waste?? tip, private property??
    Hi Andy,
    It is few tree for cut, and it is every different tip, and it is private property.
    And my trailer is 7x5x5 then I will have maybe around 7-9 trailer for removal.

Wink Re: Pruning from neighbour tree???

Two ways maybe some of you guys have other ideas

Ring a guy with a chipper get him to chip and maybe the customer could use as mulch .

If you load up your trailer with branches that fit fill about half way get on top and cut it up with chainsaw making sure you dont cut the trailer in half this will then let you fit 2-3 times as much into the trailer .

If you are cutting make sure you know what you are doing and you have Public Liability insurance amd accident cover lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Will it work out cheaper to get a skip or two and load it than do that many trips to the tip?

Work out which way you're going to go then give a price that you would like for the amount of time you think it will take you and then add either price of skip or extra time for trips to tip and tip fees which could be about $400 at my local (plus 10%-not sure if other fellas add 10% onto tip fees and supplies but seems fair to me as it's your money your spending and your loss if you don't get paid.)

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Two ways maybe some of you guys have other ideas

Ring a guy with a chipper get him to chip and maybe the customer could use as mulch .

If you load up your trailer with branches that fit fill about half way get on top and cut it up with chainsaw making sure you dont cut the trailer in half this will then let you fit 2-3 times as much into the trailer .

If you are cutting make sure you know what you are doing and you have Public Liability insurance amd accident cover lol
    Sounds like a good tip i will have to remember that?

I use a handi skip if there is lots of waste. they where 120 for what holds 5 trailers. I think there refering to 6x4 but i reckon i can get atleast three times what i get in my trailer into it and i dont have to pay dump fee or drive it away. A trip to the dump takes an hour sometimes a hour and a quater times that by 2 blokes the customer pretty quickly is better off with the skip.

Now we have a new skip company in townsville i havent used them yet but there sinage says skips 60 now that is cheaper than i can take one trailer to the dump.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

I would take a deep breath and think about what your client is asking you to do-if you are expecting to remove 20-25m3 from a neighbours tree- i can only assume that you are only removing branches from one side of the tree?. are you qualified to carry out such works? It sounds like removing tht quantity of limbs from one side of the tree would severly comprise the structure of the tree. I would either take responsibility(providing you have current public liability insurance, and that you are insured for the height at which you would be working) sub contract works to a qualified aborist, have him mulch(chip) waste and remove or leave for client to use as mulch at a later date, or inform client of suitably qualified people to carry out works. Whilst your client is within their rights to remove branches on their side of the fence, this 20-25m3 seems a huge amount of green waste to be removing from a tree. Ask yourself and your client-Have they sought permission of owner of tree to remove such a large amount??. My thoughts only!!!

Good point Shep also depending on what type of tree it is you may need a permit .

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Tree lopper Pruning from neighbour tree???

also remember while you are with in your rights to remove branches that are over hanging the property line legally these branches still belong to the neighbour and if by removing them you damage the tree you can be sued for damaging there property this happened in i think toorak where one neighbour damaged a tree by cutting it's roots to put in a swimming pool can't remember what the result was but do remember it got a bit messy.
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Shepparton Lawn Care
    I would take a deep breath and think about what your client is asking you to do-if you are expecting to remove 20-25m3 from a neighbours tree- i can only assume that you are only removing branches from one side of the tree?. are you qualified to carry out such works? It sounds like removing tht quantity of limbs from one side of the tree would severly comprise the structure of the tree. I would either take responsibility(providing you have current public liability insurance, and that you are insured for the height at which you would be working) sub contract works to a qualified aborist, have him mulch(chip) waste and remove or leave for client to use as mulch at a later date, or inform client of suitably qualified people to carry out works. Whilst your client is within their rights to remove branches on their side of the fence, this 20-25m3 seems a huge amount of green waste to be removing from a tree. Ask yourself and your client-Have they sought permission of owner of tree to remove such a large amount??. My thoughts only!!!
    Totaly agree make sure your covered in all aspects or pass it on..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Is the general law that if the neighbour owns it it's got to be thrown back over the fence...

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B
    Is the general law that if the neighbour owns it it's got to be thrown back over the fence...
    Yes this is true and ive even had customers tell me to trim a heap of branches hanging over and have them all thrown over the fence. I do however think the neighbour would be pissed at you and wouldnt look good for your buisness. I did however here of one guy in mission beach who is the neighbour of my mother in law. The people behind his house asked if they could trim his mango tree. he said they could trim it and they got tree loppers in who cut the whole thing down and left all the mulch chips on the ground he was pissed off big time.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
    Yes this is true and ive even had customers tell me to trim a heap of branches hanging over and have them all thrown over the fence. I do however think the neighbour would be pissed at you and wouldnt look good for your buisness. I did however here of one guy in mission beach who is the neighbour of my mother in law. The people behind his house asked if they could trim his mango tree. he said they could trim it and they got tree loppers in who cut the whole thing down and left all the mulch chips on the ground he was pissed off big time.
    I'd be spitting too, love mangoes!

Thanks fellas for help, maybe I can deal with my customer for good pruning, and same is good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    also remember while you are with in your rights to remove branches that are over hanging the property line legally these branches still belong to the neighbour and if by removing them you damage the tree you can be sued for damaging there property this happened in i think toorak where one neighbour damaged a tree by cutting it's roots to put in a swimming pool can't remember what the result was but do remember it got a bit messy.

Tree Row
    February 18, 2009: An ongoing fight over the pruning of a neighbour's tree is landing one property owner in court

A current affair vid
    http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/tree-row/xpj0yld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast