Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its going to seize !

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Default Re: Its going to seize !

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    This happened to my 6 year old BG86 too. I was resigned to buying a new one. Half stripped it down & took it to the dealer for confirmation that the big end was shot, and he agreed.
    Luckily he didn't have a new one in stock.
    Decided to have a closer look this morning, and after pulling the flywheel off I found where the loose screw was scraping on the flywheel.

I can't make any money ATM with the drought, but made me feel better saving $400 for the morning.

You wouldn't believe it, same thing happened to my newer BG86 as did the previous one. Easy fix but next time I was in the local Stihl shop I asked if it'd happened to anyone else. I thought a little bit coincidal to happen to both machines. The answer was No Never seen it happen to another machine. I thought BULLSH*T !!

Yep GS. It seems to be pretty common. I was googling afterwards and found quite a few with the problem.
    Great blower though. Mines been faultless otherwise, and when I pulled the exhaust off, the piston, cylinder & rings all looked great. No carbon build up at all.

Hi Mick. How's the man of leisure these days? Wanna buy a couple of mowers?

I had a great Aug, & Sept wasn't too bad but Oct & Nov have been terrible and still no rain in sight. I got 23mm from a little isolated storm here this week and the grass hasn't responded one little bit.

Hey Hippy, have you retired?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12