Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Could this happen to you?

This might help, as the paper is a bit hard to read:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/i...-1227387763113
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I might have to read up on QLD laws regards parking times etc, as some of my work I have takes up to two hours to complete each fortnight.

But stupid law it is I must say, If it is a tradie then there should be some sort of lenience for us.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867

QLD laws:

Heavy vehicles or long vehicles (7.5m or longer) must not park or stop along a length of road, outside a built-up area, unless it is the shoulder of the road. In a built-up area, the driver of a heavy or long vehicle must not stop along a length of road for more than 1 hour unless:

- permitted to stop as indicated by a sign,
    - to drop off or pick up goods,
    - local laws specify otherwise.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867

revenue raising
    was told today our local cops are going all out targetting utes - any item that can be lifted with one hand must be secured, substantial fines, apparently they've been targetting people leaving the local bunnings

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yeah the local Bunnings and Masters here have been targeted before as well for unsecured / uncovered loads.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867

Always some grub/council/

Oops, ready to screw us!!

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    QLD laws:

Heavy vehicles or long vehicles (7.5m or longer) must not park or stop along a length of road, outside a built-up area, unless it is the shoulder of the road. In a built-up area, the driver of a heavy or long vehicle must not stop along a length of road for more than 1 hour unless:

- permitted to stop as indicated by a sign,
    - to drop off or pick up goods,
    - local laws specify otherwise.
    Because we are tradesmen working from our vehicles, we need to unload and load equipment, cuttings or materials.
    By law we can use loading zones, park the wrong way (opposite to traffic), park across the driveway of the property we are servicing, and stop in "no parking" zones while we are loading and unloading. So long as we are "in attendance" of our vehicle and do not cause danger to traffic or the public, we should be pretty immune to copping a fine, and if we do get fined it should be dismissed if contested at court if we can supply good reason why we have parked in the manner that attracted the ticket.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

This is why you have traffic management if you park your vehicle on the road while you work. Witches hats around your vehicle and a workman ahead sign and BAM, no more problems. Unloading and loading your vehicle is considered part of your work site and if the work site is on the road then you need traffic management.
    Cert III Arborist

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Because we are tradesmen working from our vehicles, we need to unload and load equipment, cuttings or materials.
    By law we can use loading zones, park the wrong way (opposite to traffic), park across the driveway of the property we are servicing, and stop in "no parking" zones while we are loading and unloading. So long as we are "in attendance" of our vehicle and do not cause danger to traffic or the public, we should be pretty immune to copping a fine, and if we do get fined it should be dismissed if contested at court if we can supply good reason why we have parked in the manner that attracted the ticket.
    Think again Arfa. Have a look at the ARR. Just because your working from your vehicle doesnt mean you can park illegally. You will cop a fine if you overstay a loading zone. Most are 30 mins, park adverse to traffic, park across a driveway and your only allowed to stop in a No parking zone for 2 mins for unloading purposes and then that only for heavy or bulky equipment. Being in attendance of the vehicle only means you may get told to move and a warning or they will hand the ticket to you. And stating that in court wont get you off either.

I ran a compliance team for a local council and tradies are the biggest problem parking wise. They do a ****load of stupid and unsafe things. Most inspectors will warn them first but if they continue to do it they will get pinged. The biggest amount of complaints about parking from the general public come from this type of activity

Something about this story doesnt ring right. It was on complaint from the general pubic in a suburban area and he says he was only there for 73 mins. So in that 73 mins the memebr of public rings the Council who take the complaint and then dispatch an inspector to the area who then marks up the vehicle and waits the hour period plus whatever their grace time is. He then writes the ticket and issues it. My bet is he had been warned before and continued to do it and got pinged as a result.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by SunM View Post
    This is why you have traffic management if you park your vehicle on the road while you work. Witches hats around your vehicle and a workman ahead sign and BAM, no more problems. Unloading and loading your vehicle is considered part of your work site and if the work site is on the road then you need traffic management.
    But you need to hold an accreditation in Work Zone Traffic Management and abide by the rules relating to implementing traffic control for work zones. Just banging out witches hats and a sign doesnt make it legal. You put in an illegal zone and cause an accident and see where you stand. Councils deal with illegal work zones as well as the Police. There are lots of rules and required distances involved which is why these Traffic Management companies are making a killing

If you dont know the parking laws then I suggest you look up the Australian Road Rules and have a good read. Being on the road all day puts you in lots of situations where you may run foul to a parking inspector. If you park illegally and then cop a ticket take it on the cheek or try talk yourself out of it. A lot of ppl fail the attitude test and talk themselves into tickets.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    But you need to hold an accreditation in Work Zone Traffic Management and abide by the rules relating to implementing traffic control for work zones. Just banging out witches hats and a sign doesnt make it legal. You put in an illegal zone and cause an accident and see where you stand. Councils deal with illegal work zones as well as the Police. There are lots of rules and required distances involved which is why these Traffic Management companies are making a killing
    Now I am beginning to see why getting anything done is so incredibly e pdndiveand thus place is going down the gurgler ...
    Look at many 'crews' working on a worksite (eg power wire, building mtce, tree cutting on roadside etc)....
    Often appears to be 1 or 2 doing the actual productive task and 10 'hangers on' either wearing white hard hats and looking up or waving traffic control paddle pop boards and feeling self important.
    How it appears to me. Grr

Simple. Detach the trailer.

On the subject using cones
    I placed 2 cones by my vehicle while working on a group of units,a council ranger pulled up and got my attention from his vehicle.
    He said "do you have a permit to use cones for traffic management" i said i didn't know you needed a permit.He said to remove them now.Different states may have different laws on cones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast