Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rover 910 motor OK or problems

Default Re: Rover 910 motor OK or problems

There is step by step instructions on the drive clutch adjustment in the rover operators manual

Quote Originally Posted by EVAN86 View Post
    There is step by step instructions on the drive clutch adjustment in the rover operators manual

Yep, I dug out my manual and did it myself, didn't take to long, considering I had no idea what I was doing.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Still useing the bushranger with no problems . The rover 560 with the 910 is going to be flogged off if it can be. The 910 engine is good but the mower itself is rubbish.

Yeh ok have worked out the manuals are good for something, never thought to look there so come weekend will have another look - thanks for assistance, will have a look at what else that manual has to offer as well..

Quote Originally Posted by head1956 View Post
    Yeh ok have worked out the manuals are good for something, never thought to look there so come weekend will have another look - thanks for assistance, will have a look at what else that manual has to offer as well..
    Ha Ha, I can relate to that, I posted similar questions on this board before it occured that the manual may be useful. Now where did I put that manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    The rover 560 with the 910 is going to be flogged off if it can be.

I may be interested in that for spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by brett73 View Post
    I may be interested in that for spare parts
    Mate $50 and you can have it. Need something to cover the brand new wheels on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Mate $50 and you can have it. Need something to cover the brand new wheels on it.
    Done, i have to pick something up from Storage King in Cranny this week, I'll let you know once I've organised a day. Will probably be late arvo 4pm or later.

No worries. Glad to pass it on to another lawnie that can make use of it.

Just a follow up on clutch adjust on Rover 560. Decided to do a little extra maintenance / cleaning while doing that clutch adjust and removed tranny which isn't hard when you start. End result apart from needing drive cogs etc replaced (Knew this was coming but unsure if drive wheels are serviceable) a new drive belt a new clutch drive plate (old one has detached itself from steel plate??) blades and tune / service etc the biggie was the inner bearing on transmission (inner mount bearing) has seized and all but worn end off transmission shaft. Would assume transmission needs replacing ($??) transmission needs pulling apart and replace inner tranny shaft (time, $??). Overall cost of this I assume with down time is going to be expensive, shame because mower was still going well. Interesting thing about that bearing without removing tranny for maintenance you can't tell but when removed all is revealed, beware all you 560 owners this may be a problem in the future cause with moisture / grass / rubbish in this area these bearings may not go the distance and a big enough job to dismantle to check. Will possibly be looking for a new mower within the next week and having in the past gone with Rover after this was wondering if anyone had thoughts on other mowers out there. The one thing that I really liked about the Rover was the full size delivery shute - anyone got opinions on this as well as suggestions on possible replacements. Was a good Sunday till now - oh well, the joys of lawn mowing...

i had read on how these things don't like dust as it gets into all the moving parts and makes them wear out faster.
    Be another week or two when i put the rover away for the drier seasons and bring out the summer mower and use it til May when the rain returns and switch back to the rover.
    I just rebuilt the drive system on the rover a few weeks ago and found it quite easy but did take 3 hours once you have all the parts needed.i have the 2 rovers and summer mower all self propelled.
    I'd strongly suggest buying a second mower as a back up ,but what else will it be and can it cut wet grass.You should rebuild that rover as parts are cheap

Already got a second rover 560, quite like 'em too till now. Hey brett73 are you interested in selling transmission off that spare parts mower..

Quote Originally Posted by head1956 View Post
    Already got a second rover 560, quite like 'em too till now. Hey brett73 are you interested in selling transmission off that spare parts mower..
    I should be able to help you out with one, I'll have 2 complete mowers once I pick up this one(building 1 from 2). So I'll let you know in a week or so.

Thanks Brett appreciate it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12