Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Totally electric commercial contractor

Default Totally electric commercial contractor

Saw a bloke advertising on the net today being totally electric powered. No petrol powered gear. Unusual but he was beating the eco friendly drum pretty hard. Didn't know they had commercial quality battery powered gear but good luck to him. Didn't have an electric vehicle though.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Totally electric commercial contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Saw a bloke advertising on the net today being totally electric powered. No petrol powered gear. Unusual but he was beating the eco friendly drum pretty hard. Didn't know they had commercial quality battery powered gear but good luck to him. Didn't have an electric vehicle though.
    I had a wooden mower the bloody thing wooden work
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I bet his garage has a few double adaptors, extension leads, batteries, powerboards etc etc laying around. I have all petrol gear and I still have a 100 adaptors laying around for crap I though was a good idea at the time. Whoever is in the rechargeable battery game must be worth billions and billions.

Bluey, was that operator from Nibin or Yackandandah. Probably uses Organic Whipper Cord and Vinegar.
    Maybe he doesn't spray his weed (I mean Weeds).
    Was his petrol car a Kombi with solar panels on the roof to charge his gear.
    Husky are bringing out a big range of Battery gear this Spring.
    Cheers Garry

Be interesting to see what he is really doing. A good mate of mine is heavily involved in the portable electric/green development. Rides an electric motorbike to work, 30 years in innovation design and fabrication.
    But he tried to make an electric mower a few years ago using all top grade technology. Dismal failure. 2.2kw motor would only just cut an average depth of grass and ran the batteries flat before it finished his front and rear lawn. Recharge took 6 hours, so to mow his lawn he'd cut the rear in the morning and the front in the afternoon.
    If there was more than a weeks growth he'd have to borrow a petrol mower. I lent him my HRX mulcher one Saturday and he hasn't used the electric one since.

The only way I can see a commercial grassie being totally electric powered, is if he runs a 24kva generator in the back of the truck with a heap of extension leads.

What all these dweebs don't figure on is an electric motor that produces 2.2kw (3hp) for an hour consumes around 5kw to recharge the batteries. To get that 5kw to your fuse box at least 6-7kw has to be supplied from the power station end.
    To make that 6kw from solar or hydro power it's clean (ignoring the polluting cost of building the infrastructure), but normally that power comes from coal fired power plants.
    It takes around half a kilo of coal to produce 1kwh, but only 1/4 litre (260ml) of petrol to produce 1kwh.

So Mr "environmentally friendly" burns more than 3kg of coal to power his 3hp mower, while we bogan grassies only use less than a litre (or 600 grams - fuel has a specific gravity of 0.6) to run our 5.5hp (3.7kw) petrol mowers.

= so the "environmentally friendly" 3hp electric mower produces 5x more carbon pollution than a 5.5hp petrol mower
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

It's the biggest con of all time

Could be this mower he is using, but couldnt justify the price of it though:

https://www.masters.com.au/product/1...-mower-lm2001e

Masters were really trying to sell as the next best thing to hit the market to everyone that went near it at the Farm Fantastic on the weekend at Caboolture
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Found this review, I wonder if it the same guy:

Electric.jpg
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I don't see the point.

Stihl USA are big on the battery charged stuff now. No surprise considering their petrol equipment is crap to start.

Maybe he have few petrol generator on back of trailer for charging his battery....

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Bluey, was that operator from Nibin or Yackandandah. Probably uses Organic Whipper Cord and Vinegar.
    Maybe he doesn't spray his weed (I mean Weeds).
    Was his petrol car a Kombi with solar panels on the roof to charge his gear.
    Husky are bringing out a big range of Battery gear this Spring.
    No mate Adelaide. He has all Victa gear. His company name is Zemow
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

When I go to the tip to the recycling joint that resells stuff that people have chucked out there are a lot of those push mower (reel type) mowers that have been discarded. When you think how many poeple own petrol v push mowers there are probably more of the push mowers per capita or whatever. This says a lot about the push for renewables, some of it is good some of it is just dumb and driven by profit and stupidity.

It's a bit like the bike lobby. They want everyone to ride a bike alongside 80klm traffic and they want us all to pay for it. When you factor in that the following group of people can't ride a bike it doesn't leave many people left to use the bike lanes.

- kids, the elderly, people who need to carry something other than lycra and a tiny back pack, lawnies towing a trailer etc etc etc.

But hey, we have forked out millions for these bike lanes and the roads have got narrower and more dangerous for bikes and cars but its all godd because it helps the environment.

No mate Adelaide. He has all Victa gear. His company name is Zemow
    Seriously, good on him if that's the way he wishes to go, but the limitations of battery power must present a challenge!! If his got a viable business running then he is doing well.
    Cheers Garry

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast