Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Totally electric commercial contractor

Default Re: Totally electric commercial contractor

All done.

Cheers Fred.

wow great to see another lithium ZTR on the market finally!!

Pricing is on par with Mean Green from the looks of it, the the Greenworks machine has a lower runtime and is one heavy beast at 600kg!! Compared to the Mean Green at 460kg. Greenworks look to have cheaped out with a steel build, Mean Green is all aluminium - still the better mower by a long way, they've been doing this a lot longer and have put a lot of thought into keeping weight down. Plus the extra options they have... solar recharge canopy, front mounted blower, rear discharge mulching deck... And now the Michelin X Tweel tyres. No more flats or tyre pressure checks, ever. Awesome.

There is a guy in Brisbane with one of those Mean Green CXR-60's now! I didn't make it down to see ZeroMow over winter, so I might see if I can get in touch and check out this machine in Brisbane. More than anything interested in how he got the machine here and how much he paid...

Apparently Mean Green are looking for an Australian distributor so hopefully we could see them selling here within a year!!

Gotta keep up to date on this stuff - but for a lot of us (me included, even though I have the MGP-20 push mower) these lithium ZTR's aren't going to be a real option until the cost comes way down. I just spent another $7k on Walker equipment, new 48" GHS deck (up from 42" Multi Deck), dethatcher and 95L boom sprayer. It's a much more useful machine to me, and when you consider that you can have one of these, or pay the same amount for a standard mid-mount ZTR albeit lithium powered...

If I had enough time and money I'd buy an old Walker and convert it to electric myself... now if Walker brought out an "E" lithium model that could catch and use all their existing attachments... I really hope they've got something in the works!!

Mean green have a dealer in New Zealand. Hopefully that might help the price come down. Strange that they dont seem have a 42 inch or smaller deck size as i would have thought the market would be in the domestic user rather than the commercial user, also the smaller the deck the lighter the machine.

They seem to be built like brick ****houses.

http://meangreenmowers.co.nz/

cripes, just saw the price of the walk behind 33inch. 17 grand NZ plus GST and then you'd need to ship it. Will mow for 7 hours straight. 175kg. Then again no fuel and bugger all maintenance. What are peoples thoughts on these walk behinds. Could you ditch your ride on and the SP and just use this machine? Obviously you'd have to adjust the customer base to suit but could this machine pay its way? I'm sceptical because I haven't seen any walk behinds of any make being used in my area, also those stand on mowers seem to have dissapeared. So what are the strength and weaknesses of walk behinds.

What sort of yards are you doing currently?
    It's all horses for courses, Yanks use the stand on mowers as they take up less room and IMO are more agile than a ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by joeymoey View Post
    What sort of yards are you doing currently?
    It's all horses for courses, Yanks use the stand on mowers as they take up less room and IMO are more agile than a ZTR
    yep I agree with that I un the toro grandstand and the bobcat quickcat..!

Just bought one of the recently released Victa 82V backpack blowers yesterday and bought a 4 ah battery as well. 1000W, 580 CFM & 234 km/h is plenty enough for me. I already had the handheld 82V blower for lighter jobs, but when my Stihl backpack finally died I looked for a battery alternative. Sick of waiting for Victa to release something like Greenworks GBB 700, I've pulled the pin on the best they've got at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankitup View Post
    Just bought one of the recently released Victa 82V backpack blowers yesterday and bought a 4 ah battery as well. 1000W, 580 CFM & 234 km/h is plenty enough for me. I already had the handheld 82V blower for lighter jobs, but when my Stihl backpack finally died I looked for a battery alternative. Sick of waiting for Victa to release something like Greenworks GBB 700, I've pulled the pin on the best they've got at the moment.
    Good stuff Neil, let us know how it goes.
    Just wandering though, at only 15% more air volume than your handheld, is it worth the extra effort/inconvienience to carry it on your back ?
    Not knocking it if u have alot of blowing to do but .....

Then again, my Ego h/held claims 440cfm on high but 500cfm with boost, an increase of about 12%.
    The diff to me when I put it on boost "feels" like about 30-40%.
    Does the Victa also feel like way more than 15% when u put it on boost ?

Although not as powerful as the big cc petrols, at 1/4 the price, if it has enough power for u, whats not to love ?
    Ive found the electric motors ultra reliable so far, + all the other benefits.

Cheers Fred.

Hi Fred.

Here's a copy of a review I posted on ProductReview.

BATTERY POWER ON STEROIDS

Recently released addition to Victa's great 82V range is this cordless backpack blower. Their handheld 82V blower was good but this is much better for only an extra $19 on current pricing. The 750W handheld's specs are 500 CFM & 201 km/h. The 1000W backpack blower is 580 CFM and 234 km/h but the difference in actual operation feels even more. If they measured blowing force (Newton Metres) which some tool review shootouts do, I think the improvement would be most noticed there.

The available specs are better than the latest model Stihl petrol powered handheld units (BG 56 & BG86) as well as the base model petrol powered Stihl backpack blower (BR 200). It also rivals the next petrol powered Stihl backpack model up (BR450) in that it has a higher air speed but lower CFM.

All of this and several other benefits
    - no mixing two stroke oil and fuel
    - no filter replacements
    - no breathing in exhaust gases
    - clothes won't smell of burnt two stroke fuel after operation

Link to review.

This backpack is quite small and very light (5kg). Even with the 4ah battery inserted it hardly feels like anything is on my back.

carrying a backpack on your back is easier than carring
    a handheld

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    carrying a backpack on your back is easier than carring
    a handheld
    For big jobs yes, for small jobs no.
    Horses for courses.
    If you can't carry a handheld for 5 mins, it might be time to consider an office job ?

Cheers Fred.

I was just going to use it for bigger jobs. Today I used it for every job. Looks like the handheld has become a backup. If it was a 12 Kg BR-800 it would just come out for big jobs.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast