Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anything useful from Ontail?

Default Anything useful from Ontail?

Hi Guys,
    Some of you know I have been involved with others in a new business venture now for the past 4 years, it has been a mountain of work getting to this point but we are all exited now things are happening. It is a new Online shopping experience designed for Australian retailers, Charities and Shoppers. It is different than anything else you have ever seen before and we are hoping to launch by Christmas. We are in the process of talking to and registering retailers into our system as well as charities and shoppers. If you would like a look go to www.ontail.com I would appreciate all feedback on the registration process (Good and bad), any thoughts at all are welcome so we can make this the best it can be. I have a promotion code that will give you extra points on launch day to win one of 250 prizes. Promotion code is FRIENDS
    Thanks guys.
    Dean
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Default Re: Anything useful from Ontail?

registered and f/book shared....good luck Dean !!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Some of you know I have been involved with others in a new business venture now for the past 4 years, it has been a mountain of work getting to this point but we are all exited now things are happening. It is a new Online shopping experience designed for Australian retailers, Charities and Shoppers. It is different than anything else you have ever seen before and we are hoping to launch by Christmas. We are in the process of talking to and registering retailers into our system as well as charities and shoppers. If you would like a look go to www.ontail.com I would appreciate all feedback on the registration process (Good and bad), any thoughts at all are welcome so we can make this the best it can be. I have a promotion code that will give you extra points on launch day to win one of 250 prizes. Promotion code is FRIENDS
    Thanks guys.
    Dean
    registered mate.. I know how much work u have done...Wish u all the best!

If I'm honest I don't get it.

I looked at the link you provided on a mobile device and these are my notes looking as a person with no history of the product ( above post )

- Slow to load. I'd look at your hosting servers
    - I have no idea what I'm signing up for all I get when going to the page is a signup form.
    - A few to many fields to register.

Now how I'd fix the above comments.

- slow load. I'd look at your hosting servers. I imagine this website will have a lot of products, images and alike. I would be looking at buying/renting dedicated server space. Shared or community hosting will be to slow and unstable for what I thing your are trying to do.

- add some information to the site, make it a reactive page meaning the website can detect the viewing device and adjust automatically. Put some information about the product, create a story.
    A good way to engage an audience new to the website is to make a quick video explaining the product. Short of making the video a few sentence explaining would be good.

- when collecting details all you need initially is a first name and an email. When you have the site live you can then use this list to re engage the audience to come back to the site and buy, give to promo code in an email once the site goes live.
    The email list will also allow you to market up to the point of launch and keep you front of mind for customers.

If your interested in internet marketing and email marketing contact me directly, it's the space I'm currently working on for my business so it's fresh and top of mind.

Best of luck hope it all turns out

Quick edit to my original post. Once I got the page to load and it took a while I noticed the video and it explained a lot and now I get the service you offer.

Now seeing it another suggestion is to make that video one of the first thing you see. Should sit below your name logo, but above your registration page. I'd have a video window rather than a text box.

When someone sees a big red play button they know what to do. The text button just isn't obvious enough.

Thanks for the good wishes guys we still have a way to go with a lot of work to do.

Redey and Greenie how did you find the registration process? any feedback on problems will be much appreciated.

Brodie thanks for taking time for feedback much appreciated mate... Just to respond a bit. Not sure why it was slow to load for you we have a team of web builders that have been working on this for 2 years, they have won awards on what they do so we have taken their advice on the best server, but I will pass your feedback to them. I agree with you on the big red play button for video I made this very same comment to the other partners but the majority vote went for what is there. We are using a responsive design for devices. We have a partner in the company that has a degree in marketing and the marketing side is left to him, we will be outsourcing this at some stage in the future when the time is right as this is an ongoing concern. If you don't mind me asking what level of qualifications in marketing do you have?

Looks good Dean. I signed up. On the video maybe make it auto play once they click on it rather than having to start it. Also with name field maybe you might like to make it two fields one for first name and one of last name. I deliberately just used my last name only on it and it accepted it so you might get some registrations which are only first name or last name. I tried to re register but it picked up the email had been used. Do you have a users profile section to alter info once registered.

Also with providing email addresses are we signing up for promotional emails etc. Nothing on the site says we are but I used a spam email address I use for sites that require email addresses. Whats your Privacy Policy with customer information. And one last question. Is the site Halal free or will it have an area where I can purchase items that are certified not to be Halal.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Looks good Dean. I signed up. On the video maybe make it auto play once they click on it rather than having to start it. Also with name field maybe you might like to make it two fields one for first name and one of last name. I deliberately just used my last name only on it and it accepted it so you might get some registrations which are only first name or last name. I tried to re register but it picked up the email had been used. Do you have a users profile section to alter info once registered.

Also with providing email addresses are we signing up for promotional emails etc. Nothing on the site says we are but I used a spam email address I use for sites that require email addresses. Whats your Privacy Policy with customer information. And one last question. Is the site Halal free or will it have an area where I can purchase items that are certified not to be Halal.
    Thanks Bruce your input means a lot and I will forward all feedback to the team, we have a file for all feedback.
    If you sign up you will be kept up to date with emails from Ontail only no spam mate, we have a privacy policy and T&Cs that will be displayed on the website.

Yes there will be no Halal mate haha might have known you would ask that lol

Looks the goods, with the way online shopping is domineering the market, you should have no issues with this site.

My questions is.... Will it be a direct purchase or a bidding war (ebay style) for the products that will be sold?? Im not a big fan of bidding on things, I would rather just hit the Buy Now button.

But Im registered looking forward to seeing the final product
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Thanks for the good wishes guys we still have a way to go with a lot of work to do.

Redey and Greenie how did you find the registration process? any feedback on problems will be much appreciated.

Brodie thanks for taking time for feedback much appreciated mate... Just to respond a bit. Not sure why it was slow to load for you we have a team of web builders that have been working on this for 2 years, they have won awards on what they do so we have taken their advice on the best server, but I will pass your feedback to them. I agree with you on the big red play button for video I made this very same comment to the other partners but the majority vote went for what is there. We are using a responsive design for devices. We have a partner in the company that has a degree in marketing and the marketing side is left to him, we will be outsourcing this at some stage in the future when the time is right as this is an ongoing concern. If you don't mind me asking what level of qualifications in marketing do you have?
    Glad to hear that you already looking at some of the things I mentioned.

I don't hold any qualification in marketing. I do however have a fair amount of on the job training. Just working on our own web profile and marketing the Advanced Grounds Management brand I've learnt heaps.
    What I've found helpful is some podcasts that I've been listening to lately. Heaps and heaps of knowledge and great information. www.freedomocean.com will help you greatly with online business. www.smallbusinessbigmarketing.com is great for marketing information.

Im registered Dean... Looks good mate
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Thanks Mat, we have a lot of work to do yet though mate, feel free to give any feedback as we progress

Just registered Dean, as previously mentioned, it took a while to load the first page, but registration appeared to go through all okay, bit strange only having to put a name as opposed to first and last name, is the name to be used as a username or is this something that will be set up later?

Thanks Scotty, I passed the info on and the web developers are looking at the loading issue. They emailed this answer for you.

They are just registering their interest to get emailed news leading up to our release day. The name is just used in their email and is not really important.
    It is the email address that is important as at go live when they create their actual account the email address will link to their prereg account to get their points etc. They will also enter more details then.

On a different topic thanks for passing that garden job on to us at Menai. We did it and they were nice people.
    Cheers
    Dean

Thanks Scotty, I passed the info on and the web developers are looking at the loading issue. They emailed this answer for you.

They are just registering their interest to get emailed news leading up to our release day. The name is just used in their email and is not really important.
    It is the email address that is important as at go live when they create their actual account the email address will link to their prereg account to get their points etc. They will also enter more details then.

On a different topic thanks for passing that garden job on to us at Menai. We did it and they were nice people.
    Cheers
    Dean
    Your welcome, I use to play golf with him, last time I did the job, they supplied lunch and refreshments.

Good luck with 'Ontail'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast