Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmers

Default Re: Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmers

Wow!! Thanks for that - I didn't know they had a pole pruner yet, only know that now because of your demo summary cheers Scooby Steve! I am going to snatch up one of them quick smart!

Sorry I haven't been active on the forum too much, just been a busy year... I had been meaning to do a review of all the Husky gear (minus the pole pruner) as I've been using it for about 10 months now.

About the backpack battery - depending what tool you're using, it will run all week!! The blower uses the most power, but in my experience it will still go for a bit over 2 hours of straight blowing as well as powering some other tools. On the line trimmer generally one of the standalone batteries gets me through a busy day fairly easily, so the backpack would last a week or longer. The backpack has awesome power capacity, if that is what you need. In use, especially in summer I find it makes my back hot and just soaked with sweat. My preference would be to have 2, maybe 3 batteries... unless you really need all that power, it's a lot of money for the backpack battery. But it is good knowing that you can pull up to practically any job, even if it's a new one and know that you can do it without running out of power.

Not sure how you were testing out the whippy, but I've gotta say I think you've underestimated it! I was not sure how it would go for heavy stuff, overgrown & feral jobs - just hadn't had any since I've had this. But I got my chance to test it out recently. Put it this way - I've now listed my Shindy T270 for sale! I went over this yard with the whippy to get it all in shape & expose the garden edging and any rocks, dog bones etc. before mowing and felt that I was working at a pretty good pace. At no time wished the Husky trimmer had more power. It may not have the line speed of a big petrol trimmer, but it has instant torque so you just keep the trigger pressed and it keeps going and going.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye out so if anyone has questions just ask! Cheers!

Conrad that's great to hear. I have been wanting to go battery powered hedge trimmers for some time now, just haven't made my mind up which brand to go for. If husky did an extendable hedge trimmer I would jump, but as yet I haven't heard anything, have you ? I know stihl have bought one out in the USA but its not here yet if ever, it seems you cant get an answer out of the dealers even they don't know whats coming out. After reading what you say about the husky whipper snipper I would really love one.

Hi all
    I have a Ryobi one + cordless hedge trimmer. I bought it because I had the batteries for a drill and recicokating saw.
    Works well for me on light stuff. Luckly I don't do a lot of hedge trimming.
    Quiet not much vibration well balanced cuts clean on light stuff. Will cut to about 12mm maybe a bit more. Any thicker than that I get out my chainsaw with the Granberg clip n trim on it. That thing sorts it out.
    Cheers
    hjl

Last week while staying at a noosa resort i noticed the green keepers used all cordless equipment so to keep the noise at a minimum,the following day it had a line trimmer hanging of the side.Didn't see what they used as mowers.
    Just a bit of useless trivia lol
    05102016293.jpg

This is probably old news for some, but talking to a Husky rep this morning, and the pole hedger should be available in March next year.
    A bit sketchy on the details, but it sounds like it will be full length (line trimmer length) with the motor at the cutting tool end.

I did a demo on Pellenc gear not too long ago and later the rep emailed me a link about new Husky gear coming soon. He knew I already had all the Husky gear and the only other thing I really needed was a pole hedger, not a hard sell on the Pellenc gear at all either - honestly that stuff is so great and 10x more comfortable to use it just sells itself - but quite a big upfront cost and I'm not going to switch after just paying off my current gear.

Anyway this is the pole hedger:

Not an extension pole which is a bit of a downer, but they are always a hassle to use anyway - even the Pellenc tool has weight problems, the motor in the head meant that they needed to add a solid counterweight on the handle end. Husqvarna probably not sure how to solve that problem yet.

Anyway, other good news is an official car charger (no need to rig up an inverter and alternator charger to use the 240v charger), plus larger capacity batteries. Life is going to be much easier next year!

More info here:
    https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/...-sweden/26720/

A few days ago Greenworks in the US introduced an 82V hedge trimmer and pole hedge trimmer that plug into their new dual 5Ah battery 82V backpack blower console. Hopefully Victa follows suit sometime this year but I don't think we'll see anything like it here until next year if we're lucky. No battery in the hedge trimmer itself would make the job a breeze.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910