Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: weed sprayers

Default Re: weed sprayers

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpatch View Post
    Do yourself a massive favour and purchase a battery sprayer from eBay. About $90, one of the best purchases I have made. Onto my 3rd in a couple of years. It does get a lot of use, maybe 5-10 tanks per week. You won't regret it. Walking around spraying with your hand in your pocket is luxurious.
    Thanks guys
    I have a 50l to use on both ZTR's which is fine for all the larger stuff.

I have decided on a Chapin sprayer - 15L very similar to solo. My mower guys supplies them so thats why I went with it. BUT just putting in an enquiry about the Chapin 16L rechargeable battery sprayer

I just picked up a 16L battery operated Swagman sprayer a few weeks ago. Have been, and still am using my Solo sprayer which is going strong after 10+ years - but for maximum productivity you can't beat a good battery sprayer!! Super easy to do large area spraying as you can just lock on the trigger and give your hand a rest. They have a new 2 nozzle boom coming out 16th February I believe, but I already have a 4 nozzle Solo boom and I like the looks of it better so now the challenge is just to find some type of adapter to make it fit the Swagman. Might stop by Powell Industrial today and see if they can help. The Swagman comes with a bunch of different nozzles, but I'll have to place an order with Mr Nozzle soon because they're not really suited to my use (I think the Swagman units are more popular with nurseries etc.)

Also does anyone know if you can get a "quick release" style fitting for sprayers? Liquids? Like the fittings that are used with air compressors??

I have a swagman 16l battery wheeled spayer as well. One can carry it if you want. Hook in you young fella's I am going to wheel it. Works really well. Very easy to wash out which I like.
    Cheers
    hjl

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    I have a swagman 16l battery wheeled spayer as well. One can carry it if you want. Hook in you young fella's I am going to wheel it. Works really well. Very easy to wash out which I like.
    Cheers
    hjl
    Wash it out ? is that something people and why would you ?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    Wash it out ? is that something people and why would you ?
    using same equipment for different sprays, don't want to mix your pesticide with your herbicide or selective with kills all
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    using same equipment for different sprays, don't want to mix your pesticide with your herbicide or selective with kills all
    Yeah, you would/should have a few different ones for sure if you were doing it for a living - even us guys who only do a few here and there with different stuff.

Too easy to forget JUST ONCE.

yup agreed John.
    i did have 4 sprayers. each been labeled.
    Herbicide, glyphosate, pesticide, moss removal

Very Helpful Member

Can't believe how many of you guys have multiple 16l battery wheeled sprayers
    Personally I only use 1 16 lt backpack sprayer and only use it very occasionally so wash it out both before and after every use. by occasionally I mean twice a year with pesticide to spray a large commercial property for sawfly larva and the same property maybe 4 times a year for weeds otherwise I use smaller 6lt sprayers of which I have multiples, with different ones for different products
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Can't believe how many of you guys have multiple 16l battery wheeled sprayers
    Personally I only use 1 16 lt backpack sprayer and only use it very occasionally so wash it out both before and after every use. by occasionally I mean twice a year with pesticide to spray a large commercial property for sawfly larva and the same property maybe 4 times a year for weeds otherwise I use smaller 6lt sprayers of which I have multiples, with different ones for different products
    me too....getting too old for 16kg of water on my back

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I picked up this tank yesterday & mounted it this morning.
    It's only 38 litres but I think that's enough for the Gravely. Should save a lot of walking back to the water supply when doing acreages.
    Only 4 easily accessible bolts and unplug from aux power to remove it.

IMG_20180330_150046rs.jpg

looks ideal for me too

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123