Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Hi Pages

Default Hi Pages

Has anyone had any dealing with Hipages.com.au

http://www.hipagesgroup.com.au/

also listed as http://www.homeimprovementpages.com.au

I just got a cold call offering 45 day trial for free. Ive signed up with no obligation attached.

Just after some feedback if anyone else has tried them ect.

thanks

tony
    www.agrassact.com.au

Default Re: Hi Pages

I took up their offer earlier this year after the trial period. I picked up 1 really good customer (fort nightly year round, 3-5 hours per visit) and some really good one off rubbish removals (I made about $850 in a day after costs between 2 customers). Recently I checked my conversion rate on their app and I got 2 out of 17 that I accepted( the 2 I got payed well). I haven't accepted anything lately because I've been too busy or they were out of area. I get a much better conversion rate from my Sensis ad and referral work. I won't be renewing with hipages next year.

Yeah I had a free 3 week trial with them in late sept/October.got tonnes of leads but was wrong time of year as I was already too busy.managed to do a few ferals though..even though my work radius was 5k I was still getting leads for work on the other side of the city..so your phone gets filled up with emails and text messages.depends what kind of work your after but they charge a certain amount(varies on type of job usually $9-20)if you accept a lead,so if it's just a mowing quote and you add the lead fee to your price,could be a deal breaker..annual fee too,sounds ok if your chasing work but also a bit like being in a franchise..probably ok for a tradie where jobs are few hundred dollars +..

Some of the out of area quote were up to 1.5 hrs away. They had me down for handyman work at one point, which I don't do, but got them to remove that.

thanks for the replies. I had 3 leads sent to me in a few hours, problem was they were either so far away or one offs. I noticed the lead fee was 8 dollars (not charged during trial). Ive just sent them a note to reduce my area to 5km from home. The company itself seems a good idea, and I has the backing of some big names, but its more suitable for things like bathroom renovations, landscaping jobs ect rather than one off lawn mowing jobs for 50 or 60 dollars.

I used these guys a few years ago, didn't get much out of it. Service seeking was better. These companies are great when you are starting out, go out and quote and then say you can do the work on the spot. This usually converts the client into a sale, really good when there are plenty of gaps in the diary.

Wish I had looked here first, if anyone else is wondering in a few words, stay right away from these people. I took up the free trial, wasted my time running around doing quotes getting no work, funny as I was still picking up new jobs via Yellow Pages and the local paper.

They kidded me into taking up a 12 month subscription, after three months I got that sick of it, I phoned them up and cancelled my account, and deleted the app off my phone, this was two months ago, yesterday they debited my bank account. I'm really pissed off about that.

If these types of company's get to strong they will be the same as the motel agents like Trivago, Wotif and the like where if your not aligned with one of these agents you get no business, the client gets the cheapest accommodation, the agent gets their commission and the bloke that did the hard work gets screwed.

They gave me a free trial for a month,fist week all quotes were out of my area.Second week of running around quoting didn't land one job being under quoted from others.
    After two weeks told them to remove me off there list and went back to a normal life

hi pages isn't a good fit for lawn mowing. jobs are usually one offs, people looking to have overgrown lawns mowed, probably rental inspects or end of lease. they get the cheapest, so it is hard to get a customer after adding all or part of the hi pages fee. they need a cheaper system for lawn mows. it's probably ok for big ticket trades.

It might be a tad more appetising if you only paid the lead fee on a successful quote. Be buggered if I am paying them to not get a job. Really is a rip off.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

If they have your credit/debit card details they will keep taking money from you, there is no way of checking what leads you are paying for, 2 months after I told them to cancel my account and told them not to take any more money out of my bank account, they took money out, my bank said that there was nothing they could do to stop them from taking more money and that they could take what ever they liked, all I could do was to cancel my card, which I did.

Get out now and cut your losses, and make sure you cancel you card.

It can attract the cheapies looking for a bargain. You will get the odd gem but it's slim pickings. Was good when it first started. Same can be said for service central and the rest of the same same options. Have you seen the suggested hourly rates for gardeners on that site.......ouch, good luck making money at those rates.