Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: What has been the most PROFITABLE part of your business?

Talking What has been the most PROFITABLE part of your business?

Happy New Year to all you busted up Lawnies!!!!

I've just been thinking and reassessing what has been the most profitable parts of my business that I want to grow and put a bit more thinking and energy in to. There are a lot of resources and readings I have been sinking my head into and I tell you what, it's got a lot of gold nuggets on how to run better systems, business and more importantly....MORE MONEY!!

What's been making you heaps of profit in terms of regular work, ease of operation, less output of physical labour as well as less headaches as well??

One guy I know dominated a small area so he is doing one suburb at a time (12-18 lawns in a single day, same suburb minimum price of $66 with a couple of $55 jobs), he also upped his insurance up to $50 million and got the easy commercial work as they only dealt with high insurance operators as well as being able to work 3-4am in 24hr industrial places when its not hot. He smashes out a yard in 20-30mins and also caught as well. I have gone out a couple of days with him and his system is great. This is while Townsville has been dry and the drought killing off most businesses.

Please share and hopefully we can learn and put something into action

Default Re: What has been the most PROFITABLE part of your business?

half he,s luck

12-18 a day?.... no thanks, my knees hips & back ache just thinking about it lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

You might get more replies if this was in the private forum
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville View Post

I've just been thinking and reassessing what has been the most profitable parts of my business that I want to grow and put a bit more thinking and energy in to. There are a lot of resources and readings I have been sinking my head into and I tell you what, it's got a lot of gold nuggets on how to run better systems, business and more importantly....MORE MONEY!!

What's been making you heaps of profit in terms of regular work, ease of operation, less output of physical labour as well as less headaches as well??

One guy I know dominated a small area so he is doing one suburb at a time (12-18 lawns in a single day, same suburb minimum price of $66 with a couple of $55 jobs), he also upped his insurance up to $50 million and got the easy commercial work as they only dealt with high insurance operators as well as being able to work 3-4am in 24hr industrial places when its not hot. He smashes out a yard in 20-30mins and also caught as well. I have gone out a couple of days with him and his system is great. This is while Townsville has been dry and the drought killing off most businesses.

This ^^^^^^^
    A man looking to do things smarter !
    If I was living in your neighbourhood, Id be inviting you around for a beer.
    Not sure how you can have a min of $66 with a couple at $55 though ?
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    12-18 a day?.... no thanks, my knees hips & back ache just thinking about it lol
    There is no way I could drink 12-18 cans a day either.

I think the real skill is in organising and planning jobs and prioritising, there can be a lot of time wasted or saved. I tend to spend more time looking at new toys than planning tommorrows job. Now where did I put my bag of ztr brochures?????

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    This ^^^^^^^
    A man looking to do things smarter !
    If I was living in your neighbourhood, Id be inviting you around for a beer.
    Not sure how you can have a min of $66 with a couple at $55 though ?
    Cheers Fred.

As in minimum of $66 on the books and $55 on the beer fund lol (for the other lads)

Hmmm 30min a lawn x 18 lawns a day = 9 hours work + driving time + lunch break + toilet stop = minimum 10.5 hour days in Townsville heat.. Thats hard yards!! How many lads has he got working?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

yep....................

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Some yards are 24hr with no noise restrictions. And with the right set up and superman body yea its possible. He was by himself when he did that 18 and finished at 7pm but did 22 with an offsider

For me, fertilising of lawns and gardens for some of my regular clients is the most profitable, I tend to do it 3 times a year as well.

P11sing of the feral crap and moving on....lol

Yeah, I feel the same, if you don't tend to the whole carton, then the ones left could get warm and go "Rooey"