Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Lorne Vic, Bp Fuel Station

Default Lorne Vic, Bp Fuel Station

For the guys down Geelong way.
    Has Lorne's only fuel station shut or still committed to shut in early Feb.

Apparently it's all over the fuel tanks contaminations with water ingress and lack of site/building maintenance from the landlord. Ie BP Petroleum paying $150,000 in compensation to motorists with contaminated fuel purchased.

Have the contaminated fuel issues been resolved, anyone know operating from Geelong. Bellarine, Surf Coast area.

My interest is that in 6 days time I will be there on holidays with the Diesel Hilux and Caravan. Yes I have two fuel filters but contaminated fuel with turbo injectors = concern.
    What do the local know? Thanks.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Lorne Vic, Bp Fuel Station

Ok, I'll respond to myself, Hah.
    My brother lives in Torquay, but is drinking grog laid back on a deck chair on a cruise ship.

Found this being two days ago updating what I have read earlier.
    Lorne BP a Joke

Major tourist town on a Tourist Route that also attracts international travellers and nearest fuel outside of the town is 30 minutes. I'll be driving the 30minutes for cleaner fuel. What an absolute Joke, one fuel station in town and it's R**ted
    Cheers Garry

I am riding the Great Ocean Road next week. I only put BP fuel into my bike as they are the only fuel company that guarantee their fuel. Don't feel like putting contaminated fuel into my bike. Where is the nearest BP? Do they have one in Apollo Bay?

The local Bp had signs up to say close 17th Feb and a few days ago they where removed as a deal has been struck to stay open.
    Saw the Local Cop's Nissan Patrol fill up there, but that's not his own 4WD.
    Safest option for us was to top up at Shell Express Angelsea, with Flybuys, Discount Coupon and Staff Discount along with most important part - Safe Fuel.
    The Bp Lorne is one very run down looking dinosaur of a fuel outlet.

Footnote; Cold Beer at the pub is not certainly contaminated. hah, hah
    Cheers Garry

I filled up at Caltex Apollo Bay

Wise choice Phil it appears. Tests are being conducted as we speak at Lorne for fuel integrity and the deal is for a further three months to remain open on current contracts.

Apollo Bay tanks are good locals says and where replaced 5yrs ago.
    Would hate to get bad fuel in a bike too.
    Great fish'n'chips at the Apollo Break wall marina and half the price of Lorne and not many fish'n'chips thieves, (seagulls)
    Phil as a 1250cc bike rider myself, we saw a couple of cases of Britz hire vans on the wrong side of the road especially at roundabout junctions.
    Also saw numerous overtaking on the Ocean Road across doublelines and near blind corners by cars during our stay and day trips.
    We were in absolute shock as to what we saw re the illegal overtaking and risk taking that would wipeout a motorbike rider.
    My brother lives in Torquay and has ridein all his life (BMW GS1200). him and his local group of riders will not ride the road to Lorne now.
    He visited us in the car last Saturday and told us they considered it too dangerous now.
    Cheers Garry

[QUOTE=RSM-Gazza;148646]Wise choice Phil it appears. Tests are being conducted as we speak at Lorne for fuel integrity and the deal is for a further three months to remain open on current contracts.

Apollo Bay tanks are good locals says and where replaced 5yrs ago.
    Would hate to get bad fuel in a bike too.
    Great fish'n'chips at the Apollo Break wall marina and half the price of Lorne and not many fish'n'chips thieves, (seagulls)
    Phil as a 1250cc bike rider myself, we saw a couple of cases of Britz hire vans on the wrong side of the road especially at roundabout junctions.
    Also saw numerous overtaking on the Ocean Road across doublelines and near blind corners by cars during our stay and day trips.
    We were in absolute shock as to what we saw re the illegal overtaking and risk taking that would wipeout a motorbike rider.
    My brother lives in Torquay and has ridein all his life (BMW GS1200). him and his local group of riders will not ride the road to Lorne now.
    He visited us in the car last Saturday and told us they considered it too dangerous now.[/QUO

When we got to Apollo Bay three of us (there were 22 in our group) decided to go for a ride to Cape Otway. On the way back I overtook cars (on double white lines...naughty) which got me away from the traffic. The other two had close calls which I didn't see. When we got back to our accommodation we walked to the pub. An Asian guy turned in to a side street and drove down the wrong side.

Fantastic, a group of 22. Enjoy the ride and have a safe one.

If your anything like me, I'm struggling to get back into my routine mowing again.

Cheers Garry

Careful on the double yellows Phil. A mate got nabbed when he nearly ran a highway patrol off the road while in a group (ie : all overtaking on double yellows) Cost him traffic offenders school, a charge of ride in a manner dangerous which was a court appearance with solicitor fees etc, a whacking big fine and disqualification... It's hard in a group at times when double yellows appear on the radar while overtaking..