Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help again Honda

Default Help again Honda

Ok, I needed a new bar to go through my bottom handle, as the thread was worn on the end, so I got the bar/rod and thought this would be simple, wrong again. As much as I've tried to remove the old one, it will not budge, I don't get it, I thought it would just slide out, then new one in. Ok is there a knack to this, please help, cheers john.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Help again Honda

WD40 or RP7
    Spray a bit at each end then tip the mower at a 45 deg angle with carby side up and spay some more and see if it starts freeing up,may take a few hours to soak thru.You can tip mower the other way just empty out the sump oil first

Forget the WD40 and RP7, they are good only as dewatering fluids in my opinion. Get a proper penetrating fluid to break the corrosion bond followed up by good sharp hits with a hammer alternating from either ends.

Ok, so what's a good penetrant fluid, she's well and truly stuck, I applied a little inox when I was doing it, but it wouldn't budge, cheers john

Inox is a good start, just might need to re-apply a few times over a day then give it a go. If you can get it, Kano Kroil is the best. Mate bought some back from the US years ago and never seen anything like it since.

I had the same thing happen to me a while back. I cut one of the ends off with an angle grinder the slammed the bits out with a heavy hammer
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I do remember clamping one side with vide grips too when I was trying to undo the nut
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I forgot to say, remove the handlebars brackets first

Just went to order a can on ebay,waayy to expensive.Looks like a good product
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCHsz_oG7O8

Wow seems like a few have had the same problem, makes me feel better lol. The end I slammed with the hammer started to bend, which didn't help, seems like, spray and heavy hitting is the key, cheers john

Quote Originally Posted by troppo View Post
    Inox is a good start, just might need to re-apply a few times over a day then give it a go. If you can get it, Kano Kroil is the best. Mate bought some back from the US years ago and never seen anything like it since.
    inox is the same thing as WD40, the reason they made Inox is because it isnt as harsh on electrical wires as Wd40 is! Wd40 corrodes and makes wires go Brittle!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs195461 View Post
    Wow seems like a few have had the same problem, makes me feel better lol. The end I slammed with the hammer started to bend, which didn't help, seems like, spray and heavy hitting is the key, cheers john
    For shifting many of these sort of things, a compressed air chisel/hammer, even one of the cheapies from likes of Aldi, is a useful tool (assuming you have a compressor). Delivers the impacts without the usual deformation/bending that the heavy hammer blows udually give.

Joe

Penetrine.....................

We broke the end, using the hammer, so off to the repair workshop with my offsider, we coudnt budge it. Front counter guy takes mower into the back workshop appears a few minutes later, all done, no cost. Easy obviously if you got the right tools, know how, anyhow a happy ending, all good. Cheers john

Glad to hear.
    Would be good to hear how he did it tho
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs195461 View Post
    We broke the end, using the hammer, so off to the repair workshop with my offsider, we coudnt budge it. Front counter guy takes mower into the back workshop appears a few minutes later, all done, no cost. Easy obviously if you got the right tools, know how, anyhow a happy ending, all good. Cheers john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast