Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: cheap whippy

Default cheap whippy

Wanted to back up my tireless kaaz whippy with an assistant to help shouder the load......saw a Makita em2500l straight shaft 24.5 cc 2 stroke petrol mower in bunnings for $189....Two things...has anyone had any experience with this item and can you put a speed feed head to it( have heard the head that comes with it is average)....Any replies thanking you in advance.......

Default Re: cheap whippy

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Wanted to back up my tireless kaaz whippy with an assistant to help shouder the load......saw a Makita em2500l straight shaft 24.5 cc 2 stroke petrol mower in bunnings for $189....Two things...has anyone had any experience with this item and can you put a speed feed head to it( have heard the head that comes with it is average)....Any replies thanking you in advance.......
    If you have a multi tool try the whippy attachment. They work well. Shindy is excellent

Hi lemonhead
    I have a Makita RBC2510. I have a speed feed head on it. The 2510 has been excellent. 2 years old in sept. no problems.
    Don't know anything about the em2500l. The price is cheap. Could nearly take the risk at that price.
    Cheers
    hjl

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Hi lemonhead
    I have a Makita RBC2510. I have a speed feed head on it. The 2510 has been excellent. 2 years old in sept. no problems.
    Don't know anything about the em2500l. The price is cheap. Could nearly take the risk at that price.
    Cheers
    hjl
    yes gotta admit it looked great in the store.....it felt a 189 dollars worth...have had a Makita blower for 4 years...decent brand...

the RBC has the Robin (Subaru) engine, don't know what the EM uses, I've gone off the 2510 due to the vibration, but dollar for dollar they are the best whippy you'll get

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Try the 2st or 4st straight shafts from Tradetools, great brushcutters, can handle speed feeds with ease and my 4st is still going strong after near 2yrs of use. Just bought the 2st as my shoulders are wearing out fast from the weight of the 4st and it goes hard. a little on the noisy side though after having the other. BUt dont think I will look at others for a while.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

8 kilograms!!!! You must be joking.
    If you are after a cheapie, try the Kubota 2 stroke at 5.2 kg and $360. Mitsubishi 26cc and made by Kazz. Tough as nails and commercial quality.

I agree fastfreddy, I use a a Bushranger L26 at 4.8kg, can use it one hand under shrubs, but not in the cheap range.

8kg @ .55kw better numbers in x-lotto on Saturday night.