Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda MPE Disguisting

Unhappy Honda MPE Disguisting

I am absolutely disguisted at Honda MPE. The way they treat customers in terms of warranty issues is an absolute disgrace. I wonder why we should bother paying over inflated prices to get an Aussie warranty they won't honour. Furthermore their customer service is lousy, took them over 3 weeks to knock back my warranty claim.

Here is what happened -

I had problems with my Honda brushcutter (UMK425), i noticed an oil leak and then the machine basically stopped working. Checked the oil level, it was fine. Took the machine to Prompt Mowers at Carlingford who onforwarded it to their mechanical workshop at Plumpton (Prompt Mowers Plumpton). The machine came back with the comments 'not worth fixing'. On quizzing them i was told that the oil seals had gone and that there where shavings under the rocket cover. To which i responded, well fix it, the brushcutter is still under warranty. They told me the repair wouldn't be covered under warranty as there was an oil leak, again i argued that obviously the brushcutter is broken and needs to be repaired under warranty. Anyway i lost the battle with the workshop.

Next step - spoke to Dean here at ILMCOA, he gave me the contact name of a senior manager at Honda MPE, spoke to him, outlined the situation, 3 weeks later Honda gets back to me and says sorry we won't be repairing your brush cutter under warranty, the dealer said your machine wasn't services regularly. Me, WTF ????
    How can a dealer know whether the machine is serviced regularly, besides he wasn't my regular repairer as it was. I outlined to Honda MPE that all my equipment is serviced regularly, oil is changed every Monday morning with Honda oil, spark plugs changed regular, exhaust cleaned regularly etc, still no good.
    So Honda's out is the fact the dealer says the brushcutter wasn't serviced regularly. Are these guys for real ????

I am so annoyed at Honda MPE over this, the machine is still under warranty, regularly serviced and now they won't come to the party. I won't be buying a Honda brushcutter or other equipment ever again here in Australia, whats the point, they won't honour their warranties, i'll buy other brands or import directly myself from an ebay US seller or something.

Default Re: Honda MPE Disguisting

Call consumer affairs in your state, make sure you keep receipts for the oil plugs etc, then slam them to the wall
    Independent and i know it

Very Helpful Member

I've said the same before unless you have dealer stamp or other mechanics stamp certifying the correct service they can/will use this as an out on warranty so don't buy for the warranty i was told by a dealer that he had a number of discussions with honda before they would agree to repair my mower and this was caused by a fault in the casting of the engine and it was less than 6 months old
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

seems like those mini honda 4 stoke motors are prone to failure

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Yeah mate i have never seen or heard honda repair anything under warranty but have had my procape and dixon fixed under warranty. I was certain that dixon would have said no as the arm attached to the deck had bent but no worries they replaced.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Sounds to me like prompt mowers are partly to blame. I know someone who also had his equipment waiting with them for over a month which put it outside the warranty period. And another contractor has warned me to steer clear of them. ...I had my hru216m1 gearbox replaced under warranty even though it was outside the supposed 6 month chasis warranty period. You just have to know how to speak to them. Use a bit of diplomacy. By the way the honda dealer also told me it wouldn't be covered by warranty so I called honda directly and put forward my case, in a non threatening way.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Spot on Jason.
    I used to buy all my stuff from Prompt's Plumpton store when I lived near there. I had bought about 5k worth of stuff in a 12 month period when I bought a Huski combi with hedger attachment. The first time I used it on a job it just stopped dead. Could not get it started. Took it back and they said it was the plug. I said it's brand new how can it be the plug? Anyway it worked fine the next time I used it for about an hour, and then on the next job it stopped dead again. Tried to get it started but nothing. I took it back and after about a week they call me and say its ready. I had a backlog of hedging by this time and really needed it. They tell me it's $190. I blow up and say it's under warranty and they know it's brand new. The warranty is void "You must have damaged the coil".
    "I haven't touched the ****ing coil. You know it's a lemon, why the **** should I pay for it!"
    Anyway they wouldn't budge and I needed it yesterday so paid them and vowed to never go there again. Even after spending 5k with them they still wouldn't come to the party.

BTW Matt did you see Jason at JBL? I dropped in to have a look on Monday. He's so cheap and called me later that day to say he is now stocking Kawasaki as well. Grab a Kawa off him Matt you won't be disappointed!

directly from honda:

You are entitled to have your Honda product serviced at a non-authorised Honda Dealer by a suitably qualified mechanic, however IF a failure is deemed to be caused by the work of the non-approved Honda mechanic, it may be deemed un-warrantable.

In the event of a mechanical failure, your Honda product must be inspected by an authorised Honda dealer, they will ascertain the cause of the fault and decide whether warranty coverage is applicable.

sounds fair enough but lets say oil seals caused problems... need to determine why that happened... question is should it be up to honda to prove that it wasn't serviced regularly that caused the problem or should you be the one to prove it to them... hmmmm

when i had a problem with another product i was told to get an independent test done to prove the fault was a warrantable fault and what caused the problem. that was told to me by consumer affairs and the accc.. it worked, if you push hard enough and long enough you get what you want.

Was once told i was an idiot by a salesman when i returned some speakers that sounded like they were in mono not stereo, (s0ny), told him to f% off once i had gotten my money back and that i would tell evryone to not shop their again, they went bust a few years later, i then went and bought a pair from another company that were 1/3 the price that sounded top notch,

I could go on for days about bad customer service in nearly every customer service office from every major corporation in this country, and they wonder why people buy online these days and not instore.......

did you have to pay for the independent test?
    the companies know that most ppl wont be bothered pushing hard enough and give up.. just like those infomercials where there is a money back guarantee.. except post and packing and you have to pay return postage lol

they usually give in when ppl make a noise and can damage the brand.. maybe this discussion will help

I had to pay for the test, but then got them to reimburse me cos i proved them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SM MOWING View Post
    I had to pay for the test, but then got them to reimburse me cos i proved them wrong.
    good stuff.. its a shame you had to go that far but its the principal of the matter also!
    i used to let stuff like that slip by but its much more satisfying if you take action

Find a better dealer/mowershop when push comes to shove if u have a good relationship with your mowershop they will back u when dealing with companies like Honda i had a similar claim many years ago with a Honda brushcutter and i was given a new motor.

Yeah, sometimes you can be lucky other times they want a fight, depends on the company and the person you deal and what mood their in that day! if you have the backing of consumer affairs that helps too. People take their jobs way to seriously. i understand a bit of a fight so they can "weed out" the people who just want something free, but then if you have a genuine problems to replace a $500 machine (bear in mind that the retail cost is probably twice the actual manufacturing cost, so they only really loose $200 worth of stuff) they seem to take in on like a personal vendetta, they are only working for a multi million dollar corp, so wtf is $200 to them 0.00000000000000000000001% of profit!!!!!! really, if they dont pay you they need to get a life, maybe they need an extension in the bedroom cos they dont keep their wifes happy who knows. the amount of time they waste on fighting with you is a cost to them so instead of just paying up they waste probably $300 in lost time and effort as well. these companies are all the same,

lol you can see why i changed careers from a desk job to here....the grass is smarter than some of these people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast