Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: mulchmaster renewal

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: mulchmaster renewal

I hope you meant 3450 otherwise I think it might be over revving at 5450
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yer, correct -2000 watching footy while posting on the ipad.
    Had it been 5450 with newish cupped blades I would have gone into helicopter mode and become drone.
    Cheers Garry

When I fitted the new style 560 gearbox and various new style parts supporting it last winter 2019, i had noticed the belt return was closer to the middle forward speed control pulley than before. I had enough of the hassle installing the new gear box last winter to look at it with a view to correcting it.
    Well belt now worn off by that middle pulley making contact with belt as it returns to the main gearbox pulley.

So after the serious fire threatened us badly on Friday nite which we evacuated from. On Saturday I got my tools out and moved the 2 smaller pulleys metal fitment plate that controls forward speed metal plate about 7mm to the right standing from the back via two new drill holes.
    Don't move it across any more than say 7mm as the V belt will then rub against the cast deck entry within the belt entry area. I did initially move it too far and had to redrill, metal fill in the alloy deck and all good now.
    Small job if done right first go.

Works a treat and belt don't rub now, I used my spare belt and bought another gen spare from Mower shop today for $32.80, forgot about the posted cheaper supplier from Redeye. But Beetlejuice paid $48 + postage just before xmas, so beetlejuice that was a high price as noted previously.
    Re the mowershop two yrs ago they were $16 each. We have a proper dedicated old style belt shop in town, so may check them one day.

Bl**dly hell 3.30pm this arvo we get the mountain/hill bush on our hillside rural estate lite up by a fire bug with 9 cfa trucks controlling it. It's unsettling as I monitor CFA District 24 whilst typing this.
    Cheers Garry

Getting way way of topic. But just as I turned off PC from last post re V Belt. I heard the firies call urgent help on the big hill I live on 17 fire trucks on my hill in action. I went for two drives a few hundred metres around the hillside to see if I need to hook up the Caravan just incase. Lucky only a soft breeze tonight (midnight). Firies just radioed that they have controlled the edges, but will be there all night.

Gona be a poor nights sleep again.
    Cheers Garry

hmmm.......you've got me thinking now Garry, might investigate this idea next belt change - good thinking!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Ok, l've done Garrys' mod, looks good so far after mowing my lawn.....l'll put up a post with pic's if any interested

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yeah some pics would be good, show where the new holes go if you can

l wasn't game to move the bigger hole closer to the existing hole, so is about 5mm of metal between hole edges. Centre-punched then drilled pilot holes first, new holes are 48mm apart centre to centre. As you can see the belt has moved well over, so if you were to weld/braze/fill the existing holes, you could probably not move them as far as l did?

Before....
    IMG_20200118_113800_01.jpg

pilot holes...
    IMG_20200118_121230_01.jpg

IMG_20200118_121525_01.jpg

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

If it seems good after a few days, l'll cold weld the old holes and hopefully stop cracking between the holes

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks for that a picture makes it easier to understand , Im not on facebook so cant see anything, maybe I should get with the times

Redeye,

I kinda think you have moved it to far across and the back of the V belt might be rubbing on the deck casting entry near engine and rubbing on the plastic guard.
    That's what I found found when i first moved it about as far as yours. I metal putty'd the holes up and brought it back closer to the original hole with the fresh final hole having the slightest overlap to the bolt original hole.
    The cast area concerned is not under stress or tension so no drama correcting my first attempt. Plus a thin washer could have place on bolt from the underside which i didn't do after stuffing around with hole placement

Have a closer look to see if the belt is touching now on the right side standing from behind the handle after your mod.

Not on facebook either.

I couldn't go to work without the 560 on board, its such a beast.
    It's a better mower with the GXV160 engine fitted now than with the GSV190 fitted when I bought it.
    Cheers Garry

l'll keep an eye on it Garry, grass is only now starting to grow again

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Fixed up one of my old mulchies as a backup, their getting a bit exxy now ($1900) so a new gearbox was installed - the GT Agility g/boxes seem much better than the old Weibang ones. lt turned out that a bearing had collapsed and chewed out the shaft so l had to use a axle assembly from an old frame
    https://www.facebook.com/paul.reid.7...3202121480191/

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345