Default Re: mulchmaster renewal

Did see this on Gummy this morning,i couldn't help myself.Has a new home
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

just put a new belt on my almost new mulchy, lucky if it had done 25 hrs. Put on a belt l bought recently https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2X36-B...frcectupt=true so will see how it lasts, paid $80 for 4 incl postage from US

When you fit these kevlar belts, they're slightly bigger so are hard to get on....make sure you set the speed lever to slow and they go on MUCH easier

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I would not care if the belt was $100 only if i can get a couple years out of one.I had a bunch of belts (new) left over from different machine over the years and found one which will fit and is readily available online and only costs $6.50.
    I'll wait when this current belt needs replacing then try this $6.50 belt.Replacing the belt doesn't worry me it's just having to remove the motor off the deck every time making time consuming,never had to go through so many belts with any other machine.

But with these Kevlar belts you got if they don't work out you are getting close to having enough in making your own bullet proof vests

You dont need to take the donk off - just take off the blade plate, release the pressure off the speed control lever, slip the belt off the back pulley and pull it out through the drive shaft hole in the deck (push the new belt up from underneath)....takes 5 mins

nice collection btw

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

"You dont need to take the donk off" ......Never looked at it close enough to notice that,it will save some time..thanks

As for the belts not lasting as we would know the reverse bending would be the main reason they don't last,but a belt doing the same thing on a vehicle lasts many years.The main difference is the belt thickness,the thinner the belt the better the flexing and lasting time.
    This being the first Mulch master i had i realized later after i sold it i made a mistake selling it,should have kept it.

I got a cogged belt equivalent to M35 a while ago. I think it was supposed to have kevlar bands, but it didn't last very long either.

Okay thanks for saving me the money chasing a cogged belt,we'll have to see if Redeye's belt works.
    Got a kevlar belt sitting here ready to go but waiting for the current one to crack B4 trying it.
    If a kevlar belt could make it a year that would be great,we are all waiting for the end result RED.

l'm happy to get 6 months.......

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Hey Red how's that kevlar belt going ??

the Pix belt is still going along, l think they're better than the cheap ones from the local belt shop but wouldnt spend more than $20 for them

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Has anyone successfully pulled the gearbox apart?
    Mine is locked in gear. It drives whether the bale is pulled in or not. I've taken the cable off & the lever on the shaft in the gearbox seems to have full range of movement, but it wont disengage the drive. It started as an intermittent issue, but now it's permanent.

Just wondering if it's worthwhile pulling it apart.

the bugger with them (the older metal g/box) is the gasket isnt a gasket...its a rubbery, silicone that wont come apart successfully (and dont go back together properly) They're fairly simple inside but l've never made a difference trying to fix them....have considered tapping a thread in the top to fill it up with oil but never got around to it

the new GT Agility box seems great so far (touch wood) but they mount differently & have a different cable attachment so not really backwards compatible

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks Paul. I do have some sealant that should seal it again, if I can fix the problem. Might look into putting a Fill hole in it.

Mowing is just about finished here for winter as we've had a couple of frosts this week, so plenty of time to get it going again.

Very Helpful Member

I've used http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/p...gid=SCA8006485 when repairing my "Honda" gear boxes and haven't had any problems also I have also used it to reseal the upper and lower engine when I developed a slight leak
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast