Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AEG 58v cordless range

Default Re: AEG 58v cordless range

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Nice job mate. If that's what these things can do it may even get me into them.

Did you get that Frederick
    YER,I got that little Johnny, some are slower than others at catching on.

Cheers Frederick.

Steveo, the 300ap batt is the same weight as the a p180 but, with 28% more juice.
    Not sure what the balance prob is, mine balances perfectly on my index finger.

Geoff, I have 2x hla65's.
    Your welcome to trial it for a day if you want, in fact if anyone else wants to, they can too.
    (we need to get something along this line happening on this forum, I hate buying b4 trying).
    I would have bought one b4 but I thought they were too short.
    There weight & balance takes up that slack so, I can even use it one handed at a stretch if I have to.

Cheers Fred.

thanks for the offer fred but i am going to just buy it..your word is good for me ....so do u have the 180 or 300 battery
    oh by the way pretty impressed with the saints too ..big year this one me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    thanks for the offer fred but i am going to just buy it..your word is good for me ....so do u have the 180 or 300 battery
    oh by the way pretty impressed with the saints too ..big year this one me thinks
    The ap300, also bought the ap500 charger.
    Bought from ace saw service on Governor Rd.

Now for the reliability test.
    All next week in Frankston south, 5days, 7hrs a day.
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Could be a little cooler though ! eyes:

Cheers Fred.

Smile Re: AEG 58v cordless range

"YER,I got that little Johnny, some are slower than others at catching on.

Cheers Frederick."

Have had a small Makita battery trimmer for 2 or so years and have used it on smaller lighter stuff.

I was waiting for major improvements in battery, grunt and price points before looking into it.

Didn't mention it on previous posts as I wanted to get peoples real thoughts put across for "non believers"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    The ap300, also bought the ap500 charger.
    Bought from ace saw service on Governor Rd.

Now for the reliability test.
    All next week in Frankston south, 5days, 7hrs a day.
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Could be a little cooler though ! eyes:

Cheers Fred.
    thanks master ..lol seriously waiting for your evaluation as i know it will be honest and true...onya mate

looking forward to the 5 days 7 hr day report FRED

I had this little makita 18v sitting in a shed for about 18 months until the stihl petrol one broke down. Haven't used the heavy, smelly stihl for 3 or 4 weeks now. What a weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfyJwx2Qss

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpatch View Post
    I had this little makita 18v sitting in a shed for about 18 months until the stihl petrol one broke down. Haven't used the heavy, smelly stihl for 3 or 4 weeks now. What a weapon.

Thats the one! Would not actually call it a weapon but for the price, weight & job it can do it was worth the $100 as I have the batteries already.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpatch View Post

I think your little makita hedger did a great job on this small hedge but, if you're doing this type of work on a regular basis, all that back bending (as can be seen on the vid) will add up.
    Sorry to sound like a broken record on this but, the only advantage I see to a small hand held hedger is in confined spaces.
    Never the less, it works quite efficiently for smaller jobs.

Im surprised, we don't get more westringia hedges to do as they make a great small/medium hedge, I really like them.

Cheers Fred.

Yes. Perfect for topiary balls and the smaller hedges. Got the stihl long reach for the bigger hedges. I have a professional hedger come in and do the really big hedge work. My shoulder can't handle it any more and it isn't worth it both physically and financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    I think your little makita hedger did a great job on this small hedge but, if you're doing this type of work on a regular basis, all that back bending (as can be seen on the vid) will add up.
    Sorry to sound like a broken record on this but, the only advantage I see to a small hand held hedger is in confined spaces.
    Never the less, it works quite efficiently for smaller jobs.

Im surprised, we don't get more westringia hedges to do as they make a great small/medium hedge, I really like them.

Cheers Fred.
    I'm with you Fred! I prefer to use the pole trimmers 90% of the time
    Waiting Waiting Waiting on your reviews after a year or so with your battery Stihl

Urbanpatch I'm impressed with that 18 volt hedger, I see Makita also do a 36 volt machine. I'm like Fred and use the pole hedger most of the time but still couldn't be without the hand held, the hla65 is so light and manoeuvrable that you can use it nearly everywhere.
    South east why wait get on board

Maybe we could have a separate thread for stihl battery gear and Husqvarna. I feel its only going to become more popular as guys see what it can do

Talking Re: AEG 58v cordless range

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Urbanpatch I'm impressed with that 18 volt hedger, I see Makita also do a 36 volt machine. I'm like Fred and use the pole hedger most of the time but still couldn't be without the hand held, the hla65 is so light and manoeuvrable that you can use it nearly everywhere.
    South east why wait get on board

Maybe we could have a separate thread for stihl battery gear and Husqvarna. I feel its only going to become more popular as guys see what it can do

I agree. There may be a few that we can compare as they get on board.

I just bought another Shindy DH2200st as my other good 2200st was being used as the work horse going places it should really not go.

If I get the extended I will do it all when I get a slashing machine(tractor etc), trailer, self propelled mower and hla65? with a few other things

I have got the infaco rep coming out with the hedge trimmer attachment and maybe chainsaw. Mainly interested in hedge trimmer and whether it can be extended. Anyone else had a go with them.

I am curious about the husky battery gear also. Mate got the homeowner chainsaw the other week and loves it. Perfect for those little jobs. Filled his ute and used 2 bars.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast